Now you know how Russians feel.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 9:21 Quote
ur in canada tho. we live in the shitty uk

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 9:25 Quote
we have a saying in BC
if you don't ride in the rain and snow you don't ride

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 9:36 Quote
lmao yeah
i been going out anyways. Obviously nice weather would be good but what do you expect in winter?

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 9:38 Quote
pretty much whats happening now is like...it snows, then it hardens to ice...then it snows on top of that...then it hardens...its bloody annoying Razz

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 9:46 Quote
Yeah I was going riding today then thought "fuck it I'm not going to the skatepark in this" this morning.

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 10:25 Quote
I lost a great ride on sunday, because of the British Gas knobheads, they decided to dig up the pavement, leading up to the bank i've been learning footjam whips on!Madder

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 12:00 Quote
I rode my BMX today....at Bay 66 skatepark in London, which is covered by the A40 motorway flyover

photo

it was raining hard today in London, so I took spare trousers to change into, and had to wipe my BMX down with a rag to get all the water off the pedals, tires, etc. once I got to the skatepark

had a really good ride for 2 hours, had the whole skatepark to myself Smile

another great spot in London for wet weather riding is the new "Royal Oak" skatepark, about 1 mile up road from Bay 66 and also covered by the motorway, its what used to be called "Meanwhile 2" and has an old school concrete ditch

photo

and next to it (linked to allow transfers) a brand new mini concrete park with bowled corner, hip, grind box, flatbanking, etc.

here's a pic of the location, before the new skatepark got built on top of it

photo

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
this photo will make more sense, the fencing behind this bowl has been removed, and the new concrete skatepark built in the space behind the fence, with a built up platform where the gap between the bowl and fence was, so you can transfer from the old bowl to the new skatepark

photo

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 14:28 Quote
that looks soo much fun. do u have a postcode for there location as im heading down to london pretty soon and have decided to take my bike

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
Yeah, the weather sucks for riding atm. The hard ice is annoying, I havn't riden my new bike outside of my yard/garden. Although that did make me spend some of saturday putting my brakes on...

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
Its f*ckin snowin it down hear at the moment. Its supposed to carry on till the morning and everythings already coverd ..

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
sd52bad wrote:
Its f*ckin snowin it down hear at the moment. Its supposed to carry on till the morning and everythings already coverd ..

Yeah, I'm in Sheffield right now (I go to uni here, although I keep going home (near York), like, every other weekend in the hope of riding, but snow and freezeing cold is stopping me) and it has been snowing on and off since like 5ish. Gonna have to bring my ride to Sheffield at some point, theres a nice concrete park here. The main reason I havn't yet is because, like I said, I've only just brakes on here and Sheffield has alot of hills...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017711
Mobile Version of Website