Single Tracks

• Previous Page
Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 14:13 Quote
Are Single Tracks good for dj/street??

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
side impact rating is low... the have no torsional resistance... if you like coolapsing /tacoesing rims.. go right ahead.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 15:03 Quote
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:
side impact rating is low... the have no torsional resistance... if you like coolapsing /tacoesing rims.. go right ahead.
yea, i notice that with my singles, they bend, if i fail a 180, and stuff,
what rims would you use?

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
I rolld with singletracks for like 2 1/2 years, and there werent too bad the first 2 years, but the last half a year they bent like every week which sorta sucked, theyre not somethin u want unless ur gonna change rims after a year or 2 , but theyre superlight so its rly ur choice weight vs durability. pick one.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
Killerskilz wrote:
I rolld with singletracks for like 2 1/2 years, and there werent too bad the first 2 years, but the last half a year they bent like every week which sorta sucked, theyre not somethin u want unless ur gonna change rims after a year or 2 , but theyre superlight so its rly ur choice weight vs durability. pick one.
in the summer i was on my hard tail like mad, i got a rampage for street, its a small
and fairly light, but the rims, bent fast, spokes got lose fast and stuff

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 15:17 Quote
k-rider92 wrote:
Killerskilz wrote:
in the summer i was on my hard tail like mad, i got a rampage for street, its a small
and fairly light, but the rims, bent fast, spokes got lose fast and stuff
ye like i said durability vs weight. and it depends how rough ur on ur rims, id go for a set of spank subrosas, theyre like 500ish grams same weight around as singletracks, and super durable, pimp lites are slightly less durable but a little lighter.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
im getting the whole rim with hub spokes and everything for 50.0 so i think its worth it

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
giantstp244 wrote:
im getting the whole rim with hub spokes and everything for 50.0 so i think its worth it

Yea, thats about all they're worth anyway.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 15:22 Quote
yea. its just for now anyways my other rim is falling apart czu its a cheap rhino lite.

Posted: Feb 17, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
giantstp244 wrote:

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
i just got that single track. and i was wondering is it normal that the hub doesnt click. anyone no???

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 17:39 Quote
giantstp244 wrote:
i just got that single track. and i was wondering is it normal that the hub doesnt click. anyone no???

Probably not... might need to be rebuilt...if it still engages at full torque with no skippage it should be fine.

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:
giantstp244 wrote:

Probably not... might need to be rebuilt...if it still engages at full torque with no skippage it should be fine.
well u can hear the rachet inside but its reaaaaaly quiet

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 17:50 Quote
duck wrote:
Single tracks will work greatly provided you keep up the maintenance, I.E. regular spoke tensoning.

A handbuilt wheel will last a long time. If it's factory built, have the mechanic at your LBS check it all out.
well the singletracks are prebuilt arent they by a machine

Posted: Feb 18, 2009 at 17:54 Quote
Not always. Pretty well any wheel that comes on a bike new from the shop will be machine built, however it is not uncommon to build wheels such as a single track and put it on a decent hub.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010606
Mobile Version of Website