Im doing a school presentation...help!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Im doing a school presentation...help!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 3:30 Quote
im doing a presentation on freerideing and what it is. i need help on what things i should include

HELP!!

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 3:40 Quote
Dude if you wanted to do presentation on mountain biking you should have stuck to mountain biking instead of using 'freeriding'

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 3:47 Quote
So basically you expect people here to do your homework for you?

Why did you pick a topic you don't know about?

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 4:13 Quote
To me it looks more like he doesnt know what he should talk about, like developments in freeriding and how it became known and stuff like that. He just asks examples of things, i suppose he is going to search information and stuff on his own.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 5:26 Quote
murdoc wrote:
im doing a presentation on freerideing and what it is. i need help on what things i should include

HELP!!

videos of sick jumps nd drops, and some pics of sick bikes
then say, and in conclusion biking owns

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 6:47 Quote
Show Seasons - A new film by The Collective or only the trailer Smile Thats the best way to specifie freeriding!

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 7:07 Quote
bitchpussy90 wrote:
Show Seasons - A new film by The Collective or only the trailer Smile Thats the best way to specifie freeriding!

yeah, that sums it up... +

include talking about the enormous growth rate of the sport, the economic impact it has by bringing thousands to ski-resorts in the summer, the health benefits by getting kids into sports and away from games and tv, the benefits of raising environmental awareness by getting people outdoors. Talk about the bike industry and trail building, talk about the rapid development in bike technology. Talk about Pinkbike and the 2676130+ pics on the site... how much time do you have?

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 9:35 Quote
of course i know what freeriding is Madder lol

im not quite sure what to talk about, cause its a very wide topic, and i only have 5 minutes to talk!!

basically i want to show everyone in my class how amazing freeriding is, but what things should i focus on???

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 9:45 Quote
you could mention red bull rampage the evoloution

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 10:01 Quote
Summary of the roots of the sport. 1min.
Basic outline of what the sport is in it's simplest form. 1min.
Benefits it has such as what caribooyj said. 2min.
Where the sport is going. 1min.
Q&A if you;re allowed. ?min.

All while displaying clips from seasons, reb bull rampage evo, NWD, etc. On low volume as to not overpower YOU.

yes, I've done this before haha
But I had a full hour to talk about freeriding.

Posted: Feb 25, 2009 at 10:02 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
Summary of the roots of the sport. 1min.
Basic outline of what the sport is in it's simplest form. 1min.
Benefits it has such as what caribooyj said. 2min.
Where the sport is going. 1min.
Q&A if you;re allowed. ?min.

All while displaying clips from seasons, reb bull rampage evo, NWD, etc. On low volume as to not overpower YOU.

yes, I've done this before haha
But I had a full hour to talk about freeriding.

yh thats a really good idea, thanks Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 2:21 Quote
pick 3 areas or sub-topics. everything comes in 3's - 3 little pigs, 3 wise men, 3 blind mice, 3 bears...
its easy for the audience to follow, and yourself!

intro - tell them what you are gonna tell them. "today i will be covering these 3 topics..."
body - tell them what you are gonna tell them, "firstly lets look at...."
conclusion - tell them what you told them - "in conclusion, the topics i have shared with you today were...."

for each topic area, break them down again into 3

for your main 3 try to base them around a common thread
time - past, present, future
location - BC, Moab, UK
ingredients - technology, terrain, skill and courage

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 3:01 Quote
Make sure you give some info on the north shore and some of the original shore riders like Shley, and Wade Simmons.
Also talk about the Red Bull Rampage and the evolution of slope style comps. like Krankworks.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010371
Mobile Version of Website