Chain guide Bottom bracket mount

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Chain guide Bottom bracket mount
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 16:46 Quote
dualsuspensiondave wrote:
Themaninthenorth wrote:

Of course that you have to have the right size bb for your bike, that has nothing to do with it being external or internal.......Thumbs Down

Good to hear you contradict yourself.
Actually I didn't at all. Sizing has nothing to do with whether it's external or internal. What's so hard to understand? Good job buddy.

To the OP, find a bb that you want to run a chainguide with and I can tell you if it will work or not. These idiots are just making things difficult and are trying to be argumentative rather than help you.

You stated:

"Of course that you have to have the right size bb for your bike"

And then said;

"Sizing has nothing to do with whether it's external or internal"

Huh!
Sizing has everything to do with it if he wants the B/B to fit, regardless of internal/external, you said that yourself!

You quite clearly shouldn't be giving out advice when you don't actually seem to know what you're talking about or what you have just said.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 17:05 Quote
Themaninthenorth- You cannot be serious. How would those two statements contradict themselves? One is regarding correct BB size for your bike and the other is pertaining to sizing in regards to whether it's external or internal.

At this point I'm convinced that you are either a) Just trying to be a prick and argue.

or b) Utterly clueless and you have very little reading comprehension.

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 17:11 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
Themaninthenorth- You cannot be serious. How would those two statements contradict themselves? One is regarding correct BB size for your bike and the other is pertaining to sizing in regards to whether it's external or internal.

At this point I'm convinced that you are either a) Just trying to be a prick and argue.

or b) Utterly clueless and you have very little reading comprehension.

You're obviously from the same box as dualsuspensiondave, I suggest you get back in it!

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 17:22 Quote

Work on your reading comprehension. I didn't say that all internal bb don't work with chainguides. P.S. ISIS BB has nothing to do with it being internal or external. ISIS is a type of spindle used with 3 piece cranks. Come on guys, be smarter than this when giving advice in the mechanics lounge.

Got any external ISIS BB's then?

OP the majority of BB's will be fine with chainguides.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 17:44 Quote
"Of course that you have to have the right size bb for your bike"

"Sizing has nothing to do with whether it's external or internal"

You do realize these two sentences are not talking about the same thing right?

First one- Correct sized BB to match the bike

Second one- BB size is unrelated to whether you pick internal or external

You must be ESL if you can't understand the differences.

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 at 21:03 Quote
cowieuk wrote:

Work on your reading comprehension. I didn't say that all internal bb don't work with chainguides. P.S. ISIS BB has nothing to do with it being internal or external. ISIS is a type of spindle used with 3 piece cranks. Come on guys, be smarter than this when giving advice in the mechanics lounge.

Cough, cough howitzer.............

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 0:20 Quote
cowieuk wrote:

Wrong. My ISIS cranks don't work with Howitzer because Howitzer is different.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 2:02 Quote
How old are you's? Stop bickering between yourself on the thread keep it to the pm's, dont post if your not going to help

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 10:31 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
cowieuk wrote:

Wrong. My ISIS cranks don't work with Howitzer because Howitzer is different.
Read where it says ISIS drive. There's many of them, sounds like you were lied to. By the way, I have three ISIS external bottom brackets............
http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/15559-030_TRUHT6-3-Parts-48-Bottom-Brackets/Truvativ-Howitzer-Team-Bottom-Bracket-2008.htm

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
Read where it says ISIS drive. There's many of them, sounds like you were lied to. By the way, I have three ISIS external bottom brackets............
http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/15559-030_TRUHT6-3-Parts-48-Bottom-Brackets/Truvativ-Howitzer-Team-Bottom-Bracket-2008.htm

And on that page it says

Question:
Is the Truvativ Howitzer Team Bottom Bracket compatible with the FSA ISIS cranks?

Answer:
No, the Truvativ Howitzer Team Bottom Bracket will only work with the Truvativ Howitzer specific cranks.

Howitzer is different from ISIS that BB will ONLY work with howitzer cranks.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 10:45 Quote
cowieuk wrote:

And on that page it says

Question:
Is the Truvativ Howitzer Team Bottom Bracket compatible with the FSA ISIS cranks?

Answer:
No, the Truvativ Howitzer Team Bottom Bracket will only work with the Truvativ Howitzer specific cranks.

We have a winner!

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 10:54 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
cowieuk wrote:

And on that page it says

Question:

Answer:

We have a winner!

Hahahaha! And I'm still right. There are external ISIS bottom brackets. The reason that yours doesn't work isn't because the howitzer isn't ISIS...it most certainly is ISIS. Again people have trouble with reading comprehension.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 11:13 Quote
Just FYI...the Howitzer BB is a tapered ISIS drive, that's your reason it doesn't work.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
Just FYI...the Howitzer BB is a tapered ISIS drive, that's your reason it doesn't work.

Howitzer is an evolved version of ISIS drive that has external bearings, it's not that the same, that's why ISIS cranks DO NOT work with Howitzer BBs.

This argument is getting ridiculous.

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 16:04 Quote
Hahahaha! And I'm still right. There are external ISIS bottom brackets. The reason that yours doesn't work isn't because the howitzer isn't ISIS...it most certainly is ISIS. Again people have trouble with reading comprehension.

You see dualsuspensiondave, this is your problem, you state one thing, then a post later, add some crucial missing facts trying to be a smart arse.
The above is a prime example.
Put all your facts in one post, it stops you looking like a bit of a tool.

Again people have trouble with reading comprehension.

No my friend, it seems you have a problem comprehending facts...

Don't bother with a witty reply, I won't see it as I've un subscribed from this thread.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.260654
Mobile Version of Website