Which of the thee would be a superb choice?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Which of the thee would be a superb choice?
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:10 Quote
pake wrote:
thatdownhillkid wrote:
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
im planning to race this rig for atleats 2 years, its worth the price
spend money to begin with, and you'll find yourself saving it in the long run. if you buy a shit bike to begin with. you'll have to replace all the shit parts to the nice ones that would have come on the nice bike if you would have boughten in to begin with.
he's 13. he will grow hella in 2 years and doesn't need like a 5k dh bike at 13.......maybe you think you do since you have your 7k socom that you think everyone should know about
spend money on nice stuff to begin with and it won't break like shit parts will. it'll last longer if you maintain your bike, and you'll save money in the long run. it doesn't matter if he's 13 or 23. if he has a half ass bike, he'll love riding. and who knows. he may be the next sam hill because he bought a decent bike and fell in love with riding instead of buying a shit bike and spending more time in the shop than on the trail.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:11 Quote
pake wrote:
thatdownhillkid wrote:
pake wrote:

no it's not. you should have it for more than 2 years. plus, where the f*ck are you gonna race it?
are you retarded? theres more races in cali than in most places. theres fontana every other weekend. CCCX. parkfield, santa ynez, sea otter, theres a new series up at bass lake. and that's not even close to a third of the races in cali.
well, fontana doesn't count since it's like a 6 hour drive. cccx is such a joke. im not even wasting my time going to that bullshit. i've never heard of bass lake either.

btw i spent 3k on my sx trail and 7k is retarted. you are so dumb and stuck up. i don't care how much your bike costs. getting the best parts and flaunting your shit doesn't get you anywhere.
i'm sure you could find stuff around you. theres absolutly no shortage of races. just google it.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:15 Quote
thatdownhillkid wrote:
pake wrote:
thatdownhillkid wrote:
spend money to begin with, and you'll find yourself saving it in the long run. if you buy a shit bike to begin with. you'll have to replace all the shit parts to the nice ones that would have come on the nice bike if you would have boughten in to begin with.
he's 13. he will grow hella in 2 years and doesn't need like a 5k dh bike at 13.......maybe you think you do since you have your 7k socom that you think everyone should know about
spend money on nice stuff to begin with and it won't break like shit parts will. it'll last longer if you maintain your bike, and you'll save money in the long run. it doesn't matter if he's 13 or 23. if he has a half ass bike, he'll love riding. and who knows. he may be the next sam hill because he bought a decent bike and fell in love with riding instead of buying a shit bike and spending more time in the shop than on the trail.
well it sounds like you haven't had to work your way up in biking. but really, if he gets a super nice bike that will ride him that will just make people think that he is a rich bitch who can't ride or race and doesn't deserve that bike. buying a used bike or not the "best" bike doesn't mean that he will break shit. i used a haro x7 for 1.5 years and it was amazing. nothing broke. why would he spend 5k on a bike that he will grow out of in 1-2 years. also he will get at his peak of riding when he is like 15 or 16 since he will be stronger.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:15 Quote
thatdownhillkid wrote:
pake wrote:
thatdownhillkid wrote:
are you retarded? theres more races in cali than in most places. theres fontana every other weekend. CCCX. parkfield, santa ynez, sea otter, theres a new series up at bass lake. and that's not even close to a third of the races in cali.
well, fontana doesn't count since it's like a 6 hour drive. cccx is such a joke. im not even wasting my time going to that bullshit. i've never heard of bass lake either.

btw i spent 3k on my sx trail and 7k is retarted. you are so dumb and stuck up. i don't care how much your bike costs. getting the best parts and flaunting your shit doesn't get you anywhere.
i'm sure you could find stuff around you. theres absolutly no shortage of races. just google it.
there is a shortage of good races that are worthy of going to.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:21 Quote
pake wrote:
thatdownhillkid wrote:
pake wrote:

well it sounds like you haven't had to work your way up in biking. but really, if he gets a super nice bike that will ride him that will just make people think that he is a rich bitch who can't ride or race and doesn't deserve that bike. buying a used bike or not the "best" bike doesn't mean that he will break shit. i used a haro x7 for 1.5 years and it was amazing. nothing broke. why would he spend 5k on a bike that he will grow out of in 1-2 years. also he will get at his peak of riding when he is like 15 or 16 since he will be stronger.
i raced a bighit for over 2 years. even started racing junior ex on that bike. saved up that entire time for a new race bike. finally got enough for my socom. and your peak age of riding is around 32. it might be 28. i can't remember. i'd say get a DECENT bike. not a dream build.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:22 Quote
you just said he should get a yeti 303. don't be hypocritical

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:23 Quote
pake wrote:
thatdownhillkid wrote:
pake wrote:

there is a shortage of good races that are worthy of going to.
go. get your name out. get on a team. then they take you all over the country. it doesn't matter about the course. it's about being faster than everyone else. they probably hate the course too. so you are at no bigger advantage or disadvantage.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:24 Quote
pake wrote:
303R. huge difference. ones hand made in colorado. ones made in taiwan. 303 is 3500 frame only. 303R is 4500 complete.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:24 Quote
i never said anything about that. i said that there are hardly any courses worthy of going to in norcal

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:25 Quote
thatdownhillkid wrote:
pake wrote:
303R. huge difference. ones hand made in colorado. ones made in taiwan. 303 is 3500 frame only. 303R is 4500 complete.
ya because $4500 complete isn't that much money

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:26 Quote
pake wrote:
thatdownhillkid wrote:
pake wrote:
never said it wasn't. be a blindside would be about the same amount to build up. same with a banshee.

O+
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:27 Quote
thatdownhillkid wrote:
pake wrote:
thatdownhillkid wrote:
never said it wasn't. be a blindside would be about the same amount to build up. same with a banshee.
blindside built up is about $3500

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:27 Quote
pake wrote:
i never said anything about that. i said that there are hardly any courses worthy of going to in norcal
CHDH. google it. if you can't find anything you didn't try hard enough.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:33 Quote
im staying outta this one... thanks anyway, i like the yeti. im considering the demo, and the scythe, the blindside is the fly on the wall that migh come back in the fututre

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 at 0:38 Quote
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
im staying outta this one... thanks anyway, i like the yeti. im considering the demo, and the scythe, the blindside is the fly on the wall that migh come back in the fututre
lol good idea. the demos are sick. don't go with the sam hill hype though. just because he's on spec, doesn't mean it's the best bike for you. he gets paid to ride them. try and ride a bunch of different bikes, and see which fits you best. bikes are like girls. some like 'em big. some like 'em small. but you always know when it's just right.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012849
Mobile Version of Website