Difference in 07' to 08' Deemax

PB Forum :: Downhill
Difference in 07' to 08' Deemax
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 7:09 Quote
I purchased a set of deemax online, was told they were 09 but i knew they were'nt because i did'nt pay over $500 and they are yellow. So now i'm wondering if they are 07 or 08. Is there any dead giveaway, or item to look for to determine?

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 7:11 Quote
hub internals were beefed up for 08 as the 07 liked to eat themselves.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 7:50 Quote
marquis wrote:
thats what i had read on mtbr review. so i would need to take apart and inspect rear hub, or do they look different than the 07's by exterior appearance?

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 8:34 Quote
RapidRob wrote:
marquis wrote:
thats what i had read on mtbr review. so i would need to take apart and inspect rear hub, or do they look different than the 07's by exterior appearance?

sorry couldnt say what they will look like,i do know that they used dee trax internals though.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 8:38 Quote
Ask pipes10 he may know.

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 8:51 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Ask pipes10 he may know.
i'll do that, thanks men!

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 9:25 Quote
there should be a serial number on the rim (feel free to post it up)...if it's not clear by that i would get your lbs to contact mavic

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 15:15 Quote
aight, i found what i believe to be the serial numbers next to a tiny bar code on the outside of the rim. S72710998-Rear 70613154-Front

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 21:00 Quote
weird...no others on there?...usually mavic has the year in the middle of their sn...like 33308666...if there's no other numbers i would contact mavic...or have another shop contact mavic if u feel your current shop may be dishonest

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 6:24 Quote
its very odd, i purchased from bicyclebuys.com, they charged me less than the listed price on their site, and then they told me they were 09's. But the funny thing is that they show silver deemax wheels and they cost less than the yellow deemaxs'. Very odd to me, i know new ones are silver, but wer'nt the old deemaxs silver years ago?

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 6:59 Quote
RapidRob wrote:
its very odd, i purchased from bicyclebuys.com, they charged me less than the listed price on their site, and then they told me they were 09's. But the funny thing is that they show silver deemax wheels and they cost less than the yellow deemaxs'. Very odd to me, i know new ones are silver, but wer'nt the old deemaxs silver years ago?

think the old deemax had silver rims but with yellow hubs.

photo

Posted: Mar 4, 2009 at 9:18 Quote
they did have a silver model in 2008 and lower but the graphics on the rims are much different than the '09s...and of course the '09s are much lighter

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2013 at 7:25 Quote
The easiest way to tell the difference between the new IT'S-4 freewheel and some of the older styles is that the new body is made of aluminum. Aside from the metal looking different, the old steel ones are darker grey and the IT'S-4 is brighter silver. Hope that info helps.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022415
Mobile Version of Website