Shuttle service from Toronto to Blue mountain

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Shuttle service from Toronto to Blue mountain
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 8:21 Quote
Hi,
I've been riding from Toronto to Blue mountain for a few years now, each time costing me quite a bit on gas and especially wear and tear on the car (I think around 600km's in total)
I also have some buddies wanting to go but have no car/ride to go. Some of them were going as far as renting a car for well over $100 plus all the paperwork crap and extra $$ for gas.

So I had an idea... Why don't I start a shuttle service from Toronto to Blue.
Overall the plan would be on specific days, Like one day of the week or Sat & Sun, I leave from Toronto (Meeting point can be a well known spot like the rogers centre downtown, Finch and 400 and then Barrie and 400.
I could buy a van and a trailer.
The cost would vary depending on the popularity of this idea... if this idea will even fly. The cost would include, the cost of van, insurance (Special for this type), wear and tear, gas and time. As a long term investment then divided in the amount of people on average I could pick.
Overall I calculated it would range from $50 to $80 for a ride up and back with a large van, equipment stored in a trailer, bike stored in a trailer, well secured trailer. I could even try to work a deal with blue mtn for people without year pass they can get some deal.
If this idea fly. This could give some riders the opportunity to go to blue mtn way more often without worrying about getting there.

I would like to hear comments, good, bad, ugly! Any comments as I need all critics to evaluate my search. As well, if anyone would participate on this.

I currently have a isuzu rodeo with 4 people room. I will probably start from there and after a year or 2 result, invest in a full operating business.

thank you!

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
Well the thing with this is is that some people seriously don't want to drive complete strangers, well the way they see it Rolleyes ...

But it is a great idea, and I would pay to get a lift!! Big Grin

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 7:00 Quote
This sounds like a great idea. I always have transportation issues when it comes to getting toe blue. Please keep be updated with what happens with this. my email is gdoan@cmcc.ca . I would happily pay for the shuttle service.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 7:05 Quote
This would be especially useful when gas goes up in price again. Besides, you could sleep on the way there!

Well, the driver shouldn't ...

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 7:35 Quote
Good idea! I would use your existing car and put a roof rack on it as demand grows you can updgrade as needed.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 13:02 Quote
great idea.. i would be up for sharing the cost to getting to blue.. let me know when you plan to ride and Ill most likely be in...cheers!

Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 10:43 Quote
Thank you for all the feedbacks. It's great to see everyone sharing their opinions.
For people's confidence, I think that is something that will take time as a business. Plus the car has 4 seats, so it gives a chance for 5 bikers to get to know each other and make new friends. Or like one suggested, gives you a chance to sleep on the way there haha. I will buy, 3 roof racks and a 2 bike hitch rack. and their is plenty of space in the back for bags, gears, tools etc... I would charge $50 for the round trip to and from blue. But I would need at least 3 biker commitment for it to break even. The amount will cover the equipment investment (Roof rack, 3 bike mount, tow package, hitch bike rack) That alone will cost me around $1000.

Green seasons is coming soon, more comments would be great, like how to make it happen, etc...

Posted: Apr 11, 2009 at 21:54 Quote
id be down
where would we meet n when though

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 11:55 Quote
im in man.. just keep me up to date with the info.. cheers!

FL
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 13:23 Quote
Sounds like a good idea. Keep this updated!!

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2009 at 10:26 Quote
so.. is anything happening here?

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 11:20 Quote
awesome idea, id go except i'm not 18 and they made that gay rule where you have to have a guardian so that sucks

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022941
Mobile Version of Website