Can you think of a blue rimmed tubeless wheelset?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Can you think of a blue rimmed tubeless wheelset?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
I'm looking for a tubeless wheel set to loose some weight, but I'm hoping to find some blue rims to match my Glory. Wondering if anyone knows of some?

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 16:54 Quote
1. You won't save much weight if any at all

2. There are no blue tubeless rims

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 16:59 Quote
Get a set of tubeless (Deemax ect.)
A can of spray paint....

VOILA!

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 17:00 Quote
Get blue rims, then go ghetto tubeless.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 17:01 Quote
hawskill wrote:
Get blue rims, then go ghetto tubeless.

Which only adds weight...

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:14 Quote
Only blue wheelset that's tubeless that I can think of is the Crankbros stuff....Might be too lightweight for your intended us though.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:16 Quote
go stans, that is what im gonna do for this season on my dh bike, gonna save about 600g

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:16 Quote
tubeless wont help very much considering you're riding a tank frame

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:19 Quote
saving weight off of wheels/tires/tubes is the best place to save weight and is the most noticable, no offence sir, and i dont want to start something, but you obviously dont know what you are talking about

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:19 Quote
All about tubeless click HERE

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
Just to clear this up, there are no blue DH/FR tubeless wheelsets. The CrankBros Cobalt XC wheelset is tubeless and blue. Not that Cobolts would help for DH, but tubeless blue wheels do exist.

And as others have said, ghetto tubeless is absolutely an option. As well as the spray paint option if you buy other tubeless rims.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
Just convert your current rims to tubeless!

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:27 Quote
Leaf Cycles do some very good Ano Blue Rims that match that blue on recent glory's. I had sold some recently so theres some pics of them in my albums. Just get some stan's strips in there.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:57 Quote
Thanks a lot for all the tips guys, yeah i think the best option would be to buy rims have them professionally painted and lace em up my self.
And for those who said it wasn't. Wheels are one of the most considerable ways to lose weight.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
mlyons wrote:
Thanks a lot for all the tips guys, yeah i think the best option would be to buy rims have them professionally painted and lace em up my self.
And for those who said it wasn't. Wheels are one of the most considerable ways to lose weight.
But think about it, if you paint over your rims, that may neglect a lot of the weight that you might be saving. I think your best option for saving weight would be getting Pimplites (in blue) and converting them to tubeless. Also, there's a LOT of paint on the Glory DHs. I think some guy lost like a pound by rawing his.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012479
Mobile Version of Website