Whiteface

PB Forum :: USA - East
Whiteface
O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2013 at 5:36 Quote
Great work at the Face. Most of the trails have been raked and lots of the tomb stone rocks have been removed giving a couple more line choices. Riding is the best its been all season. Thanks for the good work.

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 4:09 Quote
The Whiteface Mountain Bike Park presents:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.downhillmike.com/images/elias%20ladies%20day%20coupon%20-3.jpgDownhill Mike
Whiteface Mountain Bike Park
www.downhillmike.com

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 6:21 Quote
Views: 409    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 7:21 Quote
From the video it looks like that place could use a shit ton more berms, drops, and jumps. Don't get me wrong, I like old school natural terrain downhill too. But it doesn't keep me interested for a whole days worth of lift riding. I get bored with it. I just gotta jump and fly thru the air sometimes.

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 7:59 Quote
richwantsout wrote:
From the video it looks like that place could use a shit ton more berms, drops, and jumps. Don't get me wrong, I like old school natural terrain downhill too. But it doesn't keep me interested for a whole days worth of lift riding. I get bored with it. I just gotta jump and fly thru the air sometimes.

There are jumps and drops you just have to look. I think whiteface is unique like that having old school natural trails that are jam packed full of rocks and roots. Maybe it's not for some people but the time I was there it was a blast for me.

Posted: Sep 8, 2013 at 14:49 Quote
My "local" bike park is becoming more and more and more "paved", buffed, rocks removed, jumps built, roots removed....I can honestly say I love Whiteface for the fact they are not paved. I get bored of lap after lap of mindless runs....almost like riding a winding sidewalk with a few jumps. Each to their own I suppose...

Posted: Sep 8, 2013 at 15:07 Quote
thisusernameisnottaken wrote:
My "local" bike park is becoming more and more and more "paved", buffed, rocks removed, jumps built, roots removed....I can honestly say I love Whiteface for the fact they are not paved. I get bored of lap after lap of mindless runs....almost like riding a winding sidewalk with a few jumps. Each to their own I suppose...

Yep whiteface is a gem in that regard, still keeping the gnarly stuff available for us to ride.

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 6:06 Quote
A good mix of both worlds would be awesome. You can mix it up, a few laps of groomed freeride park with berms, jumps and drops. Then go for a few laps of rooty, rocky and gnarly natural terrain. A whole day of one or the other makes me loose interest quickly.

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 10:14 Quote
richwantsout wrote:
A good mix of both worlds would be awesome. You can mix it up, a few laps of groomed freeride park with berms, jumps and drops. Then go for a few laps of rooty, rocky and gnarly natural terrain. A whole day of one or the other makes me loose interest quickly.
so whistler is what you want then

Posted: Sep 9, 2013 at 14:28 Quote
richwantsout wrote:

We would add some smooth trails in a second, but at $50,000.00 per mile we need way more riders to do that. We will always keep the gnar! In a few more years I think the gnar will be popular again.
For the most part bikes have gotten burlier and bike parks have become paved? I don't get it!

5 more weekends left at the
www.downhillmike.com

Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 9:36 Quote
Holy crap! Are you talking machine made trail costs or is there some ridiculous lease fee?

Posted: Sep 10, 2013 at 9:49 Quote
That is machine made and if things go smooth. Next years new upper mountain single-track will be relatively smooth at first. However, as it's ridden for a year or two, the ground will sink and all the roots and rocks will get bigger, and bigger. Our goal next year is to get off of as many ski trails as possible with adding new single-track.
Our goal for the rest of this year is to have 3 cool mini dh races and the best maintained trails anywhere!

Downhill Mike
www.downhillmike.com

Posted: Sep 13, 2013 at 7:00 Quote
Pshh, put two kegs on the back of the work quad, find a new line with a lot of dirt, and supply the shovels. Watch the magic (and hilarity) ensue.

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 10:04 Quote
Hey mike headed up there tomorrow we are guessing dry and dusty?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014034
Mobile Version of Website