E.thirteen LG1 vs. MRP G2 Guides

PB Forum :: Downhill
E.thirteen LG1 vs. MRP G2 Guides
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 1:05 Quote
Hey all..

I just recently got my 2009 Stab Deluxe .. and much to my disapointment it came with an srs not an lg1 as specified by kona and all pics that i've seen...

Any way. What does everyone think about the e.thirteen lg1 and the MRP G2 guides? I can't decide which one to get (as i will probably get either of the two in white) are there any advantages or disadvantages over the two or pretty much the same?

Also which would you prefer.

photo

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 1:39 Quote
LG1 works great, why don't you just buy a conversion kit for your guide? It would be the cheapest option.

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 1:48 Quote
i-ride-bike wrote:
Hey all..

I just recently got my 2009 Stab Deluxe .. and much to my disapointment it came with an srs not an lg1 as specified by kona and all pics that i've seen...

Any way. What does everyone think about the e.thirteen lg1 and the MRP G2 guides? I can't decide which one to get (as i will probably get either of the two in white) are there any advantages or disadvantages over the two or pretty much the same?

Also which would you prefer.

photo

I find that the LG1 clogs up with mud something cronic, also fits gay with droped stay frames

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 11:30 Quote
Yup .. i cant really see a HUGE difference between the two from pics so are they pretty much the same then?

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
Isn't the LG1 just the SRS minus the bashguard?

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 13:43 Quote
unclemofo wrote:
Isn't the LG1 just the SRS minus the bashguard?

no there completely different.

as for which is better? i have used the srs lg and mrp g2. i would personally go for the mrp but its about $50 than the lg1. but i never dropped a chain or had any problem with either the mrp or the lg1

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
LG1 and SRS use the same backplate and lower roller / guide

only the top guide changes between them, and obviously the LG1 does not use the Supercharger bashguard, and instead has the "Taco" bolted to the backplate to protect the chain ring from hits

you can take a SRS and convert it into a LG1 by purchasing the LG1 plastics and cutting your Supercharger to make a Taco (held onto backplate with chainring bolts), or waste money buying the official Taco which is neater and a little lighter

the LG1, SRS and MRP G2 all work fine...don't worry about it

manufacturers actually have a clause in their brochure and website they are are "allowed to change specifications without notice", what this means it that they probably could not get the product when building your bike, and substituted the part for one of equal quality

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010298
Mobile Version of Website