What is the best 9 speed derailleur

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What is the best 9 speed derailleur
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:23 Quote
Im looking for the best 9 speed derailleur for my bike. im not looing to spend alot but i can shead out a bit.
any sergestions

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:25 Quote
for AM/XC...?
I'd go with sram, x7 x9 x0... depends on what you want to spend.
x0 is nice and light, kinda expensive to replace though.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
Looking for the best of something isn't ideal if you have a budget. But seeing how SRAM sets the overpricing bar. You're well catered for.

The best 9 speed derailleur is the Shimano XTR, it's also the lighter than SRAM's comparative X-0, and half the price. The jockey wheels last longer, the inner cable used is amazing and they can last without maintenance for a good amount of time.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:33 Quote
cheap you got to go with the sram x series or saint all the way for best shifting and tuffness and not bad on the weight issues as well.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
Looking for the best of something isn't ideal if you have a budget. But seeing how SRAM sets the overpricing bar. You're well catered for.

The best 9 speed derailleur is the Shimano XTR, it's also the lighter than SRAM's comparative X-0, and half the price. The jockey wheels last longer, the inner cable used is amazing and they can last without maintenance for a good amount of time.
This is purely personal preference here... I've never really liked the feel of shimano stuff(aside from saint)...
But if he does then I say go for it.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:38 Quote
i have just gone had a x9 and it blow up as i landed it didn't hit anything it just blow up into 9 peaces, x7 are gd cuz its made out of more metal so it can be bent back into place if hit. x0 are incredible shifting but arnt easy on the wallet

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:39 Quote
im going to be using it for AM mostly

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:40 Quote
chuckthehuck wrote:
i have just gone had a x9 and it blow up as i landed it didn't hit anything it just blow up into 9 peaces, x7 are gd cuz its made out of more metal so it can be bent back into place if hit. x0 are incredible shifting but arnt easy on the wallet
that's really weird, I've been running an x9 rear d with an x7 shifter and have never had a problem... even when smacking it on rocks.Confused

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
joecowan wrote:
I'd say x7, honestly...
if you're on a budget but still want something that's not garbage then x7 will suite your needs well... I'm sure someone will let you know of the shimano equivalent.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:43 Quote
i would go for the Shimano SLX. all of the SLX stuff is pritty good. not silly prices to replace. but depends if you have a SRAM or shimano shifters already.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:45 Quote
What shifters will you be using? I recommend the Shimano Shadow XT or Sram x9 for the best budget derailleur.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:46 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
joecowan wrote:
I'd say x7, honestly...
if you're on a budget but still want something that's not garbage then x7 will suite your needs well... I'm sure someone will let you know of the shimano equivalent.
yeh i was looking at the x.7 and x.9 n they look preety good. i just cant work out weather or not to go for the long or short cage. wats the differecne

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:47 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
What shifters will you be using? I recommend the Shimano Shadow XT or Sram x9 for the best budget derailleur.
im getting x.9's

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:47 Quote
joecowan wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
joecowan wrote:
I'd say x7, honestly...
yeh i was looking at the x.7 and x.9 n they look preety good. i just cant work out weather or not to go for the long or short cage. wats the differecne
go for short.
less likely to destroy it.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 at 10:48 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
joecowan wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:

I'd say x7, honestly...
go for short.
less likely to destroy it.
cheers mate

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010008
Mobile Version of Website