I Need help buying a new bike! I GOT $1400!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
I Need help buying a new bike! I GOT $1400!
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 2:17 Quote
darleydirtbiker wrote:
lol i meant he should stop riding street/dj's and do dh instead.

What are you talking about? You don't even do DH yourself, at least not on that bike in your profile.

Why don't YOU stop rolling down a course and try pedaling through one, with 7 other guys trying to take your line and beat you to the finish line? What fun is there in racing a clock?

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 2:18 Quote
crash23 wrote:
darleydirtbiker wrote:
crash23 wrote:

well if he is going to be riding street and djs then why would he get a DH bike? that makes no sense whatsoever. I agree that riding DH builds more skill and makes you a better rider, but that doesnt mean riding a DH bike on dirt jumps will make you a better rider. it will actually make you sloppy. If he is going to be riding street/dj then he needs a street/dj bike. simple as that.

oh, haha. gotcha. yeah i agree with that statement. but djs and street are still fun.
yea i agree with your statement too Smile

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 2:19 Quote
Onespeed38 wrote:
darleydirtbiker wrote:

What are you talking about? You don't even do DH yourself, at least not on that bike in your profile.

Why don't YOU stop rolling down a course and try pedaling through one, with 7 other guys trying to take your line and beat you to the finish line? What fun is there in racing a clock =quite a lot lol whats the fun in being able to do tiny drops?

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 2:34 Quote
darleydirtbiker wrote:
Onespeed38 wrote:
darleydirtbiker wrote:

Why don't YOU stop rolling down a course and try pedaling through one, with 7 other guys trying to take your line and beat you to the finish line? What fun is there in racing a clock =quite a lot lol whats the fun in being able to do tiny drops?

Who said anything about drops? DH riding is not about doing drops either... ???

The OP was asking about a DJ/street bike and you suggest he not do that and do what you do instead?

Before you claim to be a downhiller, or suggest other people do it, you should probably get a proper DH bike yourself, or at least a dual suspension bike. You're obviously not doing any serious DH'ing on that $300 entry level Saracen XC bike.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 3:00 Quote
Onespeed38 wrote:
darleydirtbiker wrote:
Onespeed38 wrote:

Who said anything about drops? DH riding is not about doing drops either... ???

The OP was asking about a DJ/street bike and you suggest he not do that and do what you do instead?

Before you claim to be a downhiller, or suggest other people do it, you should probably get a proper DH bike yourself, or at least a dual suspension bike. You're obviously not doing any serious DH'ing on that $300 entry level Saracen XC bike.

shoot me now !!!!!! lol i do do dh on my saracen and im getting a full bouncer very soon.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 3:08 Quote
darleydirtbiker wrote:
shoot me now !!!!!! lol i do do dh on my saracen and im getting a full bouncer very soon.

Riding down a hill and riding Downhill are not the same thing. And I'm getting a Ferrari 559 "very soon"... wink, wink.

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 10:20 Quote
i wouldnt get an STP2 if i was u i had one and the parts were breakin all over the place

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 11:22 Quote
Onespeed38 wrote:
darleydirtbiker wrote:

Riding down a hill and riding Downhill are not the same thing. And I'm getting a Ferrari 559 "very soon"... wink, wink.

lol seriousley i do,do downhill on my hardtail ive been building a new dh trail today its all good oh and im getting as well as a dh fully a scallietti 699 wink, wink. lol

Posted: Mar 15, 2009 at 13:38 Quote
jesus give the kid a break. he didnt claim to be a pro downhiller. he just said riding DH builds more skill on a bike (which it does). All he was trying to say was that unless he really had his heart set on a dj bike he should look into getting a DH bike and give that a try. It doesnt matter what kind of bike he rides, he is still entitled to his own opinion.

for the record: im not saying DJ/Street doesnt make you a better rider, Im just saying DH will make you better faster.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014388
Mobile Version of Website