Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel
O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:48 Quote
dellow wrote:
the santa cruz nomad would be a good choice but i dont know about the travel
nomads have 160mm rear travel (6.3in.). nomads aren't the best bike to jump with. there are better bikes for the money that can jump better ie: sx trail. i like the idea of a reign x or something along those lines. go to your lbs and see in person some bikes that you are looking at. that is the only way you can know

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:50 Quote
eggsforeyes wrote:
I think that you should go with the bottle rocket, but I would also look into the new Santa Cruz Driver 8. Its got 8" rear VPP travel, but it can supposedly do downhill, park, freeride, hucking, and backcountry. I haven't heard much about it review-wise but it looks like a toned-down version of the v-10, so you can assume its good.
vvp dose not pop off steeper lips and dosent give you as good of as feel as single pivoit dose for jumping. nice bike but its more of a big mountian freeride bike. big rockey gaps, lots of speed and some big drops. thats what i see in the driver 10! looks like the crazyest bike ever though if you like big mountian freeride and super tec stuff Smile i wouldent mind getting one!!!!!!!

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:51 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
eggsforeyes wrote:
I think that you should go with the bottle rocket, but I would also look into the new Santa Cruz Driver 8. Its got 8" rear VPP travel, but it can supposedly do downhill, park, freeride, hucking, and backcountry. I haven't heard much about it review-wise but it looks like a toned-down version of the v-10, so you can assume its good.
vvp dose not pop off steeper lips and dosent give you as good of as feel as single pivoit dose for jumping. nice bike but its more of a big mountian freeride bike. big rockey gaps, lots of speed and some big drops. thats what i see in the driver 10! looks like the crazyest bike ever though if you like big mountian freeride and super tec stuff Smile i wouldent mind getting one!!!!!!!
i hope you meant the driver 8

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:52 Quote
haha sorry i was thinking v-10 and driver 8 at the same time haha wow i feel dumb sorry

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:56 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
eggsforeyes wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean, the driver8 would be good for technical stuff but not jumping. What about the Orange alpine 160 fr or the blood fr?

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
eggsforeyes wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
eggsforeyes wrote:
vvp dose not pop off steeper lips and dosent give you as good of as feel as single pivoit dose for jumping. nice bike but its more of a big mountian freeride bike. big rockey gaps, lots of speed and some big drops. thats what i see in the driver 8! looks like the crazyest bike ever though if you like big mountian freeride and super tec stuff Smile i wouldent mind getting one!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean, the driver8 would be good for technical stuff but not jumping. What about the Orange alpine 160 fr or the blood fr?
i fixed ur driver 10 to 8 for ya Wink

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 16:01 Quote
The empire 5 is good, great for jumping, but I'm not too sure how well it would work for DH.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 16:04 Quote
banshee wildcard, bottlerocket, covert, cowan ds, intense 6.6ss, turner 5 spot, commencal meta 4, trek remedy

here are some to consider. i would say get the intense 6.6ss for 50% of on chainlove.com. if you don't know about this website, it has like 40%-70% specials every half-hour and a bunch of times they will have like parts and clothes, but also they have had a bunch of 6.6ss frames for $1200 brand new. just check this site every day every half-hour that you can and you will find a 6.6ss.

buy the 6.6ss off of chainlove if that is the frame that you want though cause its a killer deal

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
Get the El Guapo thats on it now...

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 16:14 Quote
eggsforeyes wrote:
The empire 5 is good, great for jumping, but I'm not too sure how well it would work for DH.

so far i heard its like a dh bike that can jump... well thats wat cycle solutions said it handled like

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 16:17 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Get the El Guapo thats on it now...
ya i saw that. 6 inches and horst link for $999.99. that's a hella good deal

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
fallen55 wrote:
eggsforeyes wrote:

so far i heard its like a dh bike that can jump... well thats wat cycle solutions said it handled like

The rear suspension linkage system works for pretty much anything, the empire 5 could probably do Dh but it doesn't exactly have a shock and fork for DH

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
fallen55 wrote:
eggsforeyes wrote:

ill have an actual review in a week once mine is finally built

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 16:20 Quote
the rea shock is the tst air, its basically a dhx 5 air...same adjustments

and i put a fox talas 36 on mine so its basically the ultimate do-it-all bike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024249
Mobile Version of Website