Softtail dj's

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 21:30 Quote
mtnbker395 wrote:
cjf1972 wrote:
mtnbker395 wrote:

I was kidding.
Alright, that is cool... there is no shame in not knowing everything there is to know. I did not know where babies came from until I was 23.Big Grin
lmao.
I know what he was trying to say.
soft tail isn't the right term.
it's full suspension, dual suspension etc.
No... wait, I was 24.lol
I got you, and what you say is very true.

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 7:32 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Why suggest the Le Pink when it's not even out yet? Ghetto advertising much?

Umm... why can't I suggest the Le Pink, the bike looks sick, nice and clean. So what if its not out yet, wait a couple months. Last time I checked the chase softy wasn't even on their website, so get off my case.

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 7:59 Quote
Rocky Mountain Flow FS. Rocky's only full suspension Dj bike. They only made them for 1 year,back in 2005.
photo

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 11:51 Quote
AustinSedz wrote:
- Norco 4by (older)
- Norco XXXX
- Kona Cowan DS
- Kona Bass
- Specialized sx (not the trail just the sx its sick check it out)
- Transition double
- Giant brass (cheep)
- Foes 4x
- Santa Cruz Blur 4X
- Yeti 4X (really really nice)
- Macmahone "the kingdom" (very similar to a kona cowan ds but is made out of chromo and is alot nicer looking)
^^ http://www.macmahone.com/09/frames/the-kingdom
-Soul cycles matador
-Doberman Pink (not out yet)
- Brodie Nemesis
- Cove G-spot
- Cannondale Prophet
- Fireeye griffin
- Jamis Parker
- Intense Tazer

and there are a few more
mad props thanks alot!

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 12:08 Quote
this might be a dumb question but i was taking a look at the giant yukon fx in a size small, do u think that would work with all my parts on it like a 32f fork and my atomlab wheels and stuff?

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
Most FS 4x bikes dirt jump quite well. Thats until you start getting into the super-light weight race bikes. (which I personally wouldn't even 4x on let alone DJ)

I love my Double to death its the most rewarding and forgiving bike i've ever ridden.

photo

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 12:27 Quote
PhoS wrote:
Most FS 4x bikes dirt jump quite well. Thats until you start getting into the super-light weight race bikes. (which I personally wouldn't even 4x on let alone DJ)

I love my Double to death its the most rewarding and forgiving bike i've ever ridden.

photo

and you can throw down on it too!
photo

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 12:31 Quote
raceface319 wrote:
this might be a dumb question but i was taking a look at the giant yukon fx in a size small, do u think that would work with all my parts on it like a 32f fork and my atomlab wheels and stuff?
it would work but its built for entry level xc riding, it may be a little to light weight to handle alot of abuse

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 12:35 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
raceface319 wrote:
it would work but its built for entry level xc riding, it may be a little to light weight to handle alot of abuse

this is true but im not really hard on my bikes so...

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 13:28 Quote
Rampant, so much fun on the dirt jumps, trails and downhills

photo

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 13:31 Quote
raceface319 wrote:
FlyingFish wrote:
raceface319 wrote:

this is true but im not really hard on my bikes so...
I think if you started trying to use the cheapest XC dually for dirt jumping it'll only be a matter of time before you tear the headtube off.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
You do realize that a soft tail and full suspension are not the same thing right. A soft tail has a small shock, usually one inch travel and no lower linkage bearing, it just uses the flex of the frame.

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 13:47 Quote
srhrider07 wrote:
You do realize that a soft tail and full suspension are not the same thing right. A soft tail has a small shock, usually one inch travel and no lower linkage bearing, it just uses the flex of the frame.

Agreed!

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 13:48 Quote
srhrider07 wrote:
At leastsome one besides me acually knows what a softtail is..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.048865
Mobile Version of Website