What frame size are using the world top DH'ers

PB Forum :: Downhill
What frame size are using the world top DH'ers
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 17:28 Quote
What size are running the pros such as Peat, Hill, Minaar, Athertons etc...

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
Whatever fits them. Hill and the Athertons bikes have custom geo so I would assume they have custom sizing as well.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 6:35 Quote
I know that they have custom angles. The information I am looking for is : does top pro's run large or small frame. I got my answer diggin google.

Hill's Iron Horse spec's : WB 1175mm/CS 438mm /DT 665mm / HA 63.75 degrees. This means Hill was using a bike between Medium and Large.

Gee's Commencal spec's : WB 1195mm/ CS 450mm/ BBH 370mm/ HA 63 degrees. Gee's def. riding a large frame.

I thought pro's where riding their frame a tad smaller but seems they are using larger framesets. Probably for stability at high speed...

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 6:38 Quote
That information is useless to you for making that decision unless you can find out the riders height and a few other measurements.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 6:40 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
That information is useless to you for making that decision unless you can find out the riders height and a few other measurements.

Useless....lol

Well mate, I just want to know the trend on the WC. I got my answer.

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 6:42 Quote
No, you didn't. What if Hill is 7ft tall and peat is 5, I'm sure that's not the case but cameras are deceiving.

To one person a medium may be huge, but to me a medium is a little small.

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 6:43 Quote
It's all personal preference.

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 6:43 Quote
Commencal uses size specific tubing meaning that a small frame with have thinner tubes then a large because general a lighter rider will be on the small. this is probably why Gee rides a large.

besides that just buy a bike that feels comfortable to you If a size L if to big and S is to small buy a medium even if it will cost you more! remember this is about you buying a bike that You want to ride. YOU will have no fun on a bike you bought to big because its what the pro's are doing.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 6:45 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
No, you didn't. What if Hill is 7ft tall and peat is 5, I'm sure that's not the case but cameras are deceiving.

We all know sam hill's small and peat is huge... I've seen them numerous times in person so don't bother replying and go back to school!

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 6:47 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Commencal uses size specific tubing meaning that a small frame with have thinner tubes then a large because general a lighter rider will be on the small. this is probably why Gee rides a large.

besides that just buy a bike that feels comfortable to you If a size L if to big and S is to small buy a medium even if it will cost you more! remember this is about you buying a bike that You want to ride. YOU will have no fun on a bike you bought to big because its what the pro's are doing.

True, i am 6 feet tall and my bike is bought already. I was just wondering if the myth that riders are picking a size smaller is true on the WC.

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 6:50 Quote
fattrick wrote:

True, i am 6 feet tall and my bike is bought already. I was just wondering if the myth that riders are picking a size smaller is true on the WC.

Steve Peat used to ride a custom sized orange 224 (he bumblebee one).It's was bigger than production models I'm pretty sure. It's more to do with how the rider feels on different sizes of frame instead of maybe just going for a smaller one.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 6:53 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
fattrick wrote:

Steve Peat used to ride a custom sized orange 224 (he bumblebee one).It's was bigger than production models I'm pretty sure. It's more to do with how the rider feels on different sizes of frame instead of maybe just going for a smaller one.

You are right!

People who rides a size smaller then what they should will pay at high speed.

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 7:04 Quote
cowieuk wrote:
fattrick wrote:

Yup, I heard that as well, also, not directly related but might interest you, When peaty moved from Orange to SC, he made SC make his V10 with the exact same geometery.
I'm not even sure why I said that.

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 7:04 Quote
fattrick wrote:
jonbikes wrote:

We all know sam hill's small and peat is huge... I've seen them numerous times in person so don't bother replying and go back to school!

Wow, you, and this thread, are a huge fail.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 7:16 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
fattrick wrote:
jonbikes wrote:

Wow, you, and this thread, are a huge fail.

Stay objective kid. You are going nowhere with these insults. I forgive you for your lack of knowledge.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012793
Mobile Version of Website