What's the Cheapest Way to Get Into DH?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What's the Cheapest Way to Get Into DH?
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
kickitpinkbike wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:

come on there is always choices and decisions THAT HES WILL EVENTUALLY CHOOSE.right?

exactly so dont steer him in the wrong direction.... he needs a fullsuspention. and so do you. If someone offered you a top of the line hard tail or a top of the full suspention bike FOR DH what would take? i would hope the full suspention ... if not your a jackass
no, chill buddy, i agree if he will race expert but a hardtail is all you need if you do anything esle and its more veritile to do you see a guy on DH rig on a XC couse/trail. so, what is your defense to that,f*cking bitch?

my defence to that is this thread is about DH not xc jackass

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:
sqrleprle wrote:

photo

no, thats called YOU NEED SKILL NOT A FULLY DH RIG, i can do anything you can do.

hahahaha ok bud. im sure you can do it. but not as fast. and with a whole lot more blood if you even try.

keep your 15 year old puberty harmones in check and settle the f*ck down
hahahaha thats is really funny(literally im not sarcastic) LMAO. i love how we both check eactothers profiles to burn them. I forgot to mention i love MT.Washinton. which that looks kinda like.

buy scratch tickets and hope to win enough for a nice bike.

kickitpinkbike wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:
contaner wrote:
should i try hardtail DH? i have a steel frame and stuff. i'll just put a front brake on my bike.

dont ride a hartail DH its just gonna sour you on the sport. Go out and find yourself a good used DH bike.
not true as you can see above ^^

Yes, it is true... You dont START or TRY out DH on a hardtail. If you're a savage rider and shred on your hardtail and then decide you want to go bomber with it and hit some DH runs, that's cool... But you dont start out that way. All that will do is ensure that you bust your ass a few times, think the sport sucks, and then either hang up the bike or just stick with trail riding... There's just too much going on compared with regular trail riding for a beginner to even start to have anyfun on a HT.

Rent a nice full suspension bike and if you find it's something you like, find yourself a used bike to start with.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:
Cliff-Huxtable wrote:

dont ride a hartail DH its just gonna sour you on the sport. Go out and find yourself a good used DH bike.
not true as you can see above ^^

Yes, it is true... You dont START or TRY out DH on a hardtail. If you're a savage rider and shred on your hardtail and then decide you want to go bomber with it and hit some DH runs, that's cool... But you dont start out that way. All that will do is ensure that you bust your ass a few times, think the sport sucks, and then either hang up the bike or just stick with trail riding... There's just too much going on compared with regular trail riding for a beginner to even start to have anyfun on a HT.

Rent a nice full suspension bike and if you find it's something you like, find yourself a used bike to start with.
true whateva

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:55 Quote
badbadleroybrown i love your headshot LMAO.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
ok speaking from personal experience i think the best way is to start on a longer travel hardtail (around 130mm or so) and just ride that for a while doing some trails and milder dh until you get really flowy on it. then go and buy a bike with the money you have been saving in the period that you've been riding your ht and go shred!

*edit* reading that over i could have said that much more clearly but wtv. you get what i mean.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 19:01 Quote
kickitpinkbike wrote:

thanks. gotta be willing to put out when you're chubby tup

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
dezim wrote:
ok speaking from personal experience i think the best way is to start on a longer travel hardtail (around 130mm or so) and just ride that for a while doing some trails and milder dh until you get really flowy on it. then go and buy a bike with the money you have been saving in the period that you've been riding your ht and go shred!

*edit* reading that over i could have said that much more clearly but wtv. you get what i mean.
ya definitely dont jump in and do hardcore DH

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:

is that you?LMAO thats me six years ago(with the shirt)

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 19:06 Quote
kickitpinkbike wrote:
dezim wrote:

prople are stupid id say get a hardatil to start like this guy here before me hes just starting and hardtails are way cheeper than fullys anyone knows that. so mabey he wont like downhill and mabey hell like freeride who know its like if your just getting into biking and go out and get a demo for like 8 grand rather than getting a cheeper bike to start out and learn. im sayin get a hardtail or get a fully if you can find a descent one for cheep.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 19:09 Quote
HewDaawg wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:
dezim wrote:

prople are stupid id say get a hardatil to start like this guy here before me hes just starting and hardtails are way cheeper than fullys anyone knows that. so mabey he wont like downhill and mabey hell like freeride who know its like if your just getting into biking and go out and get a demo for like 8 grand rather than getting a cheeper bike to start out and learn. im sayin get a hardtail or get a fully if you can find a descent one for cheep.
im the guy thats starting out?

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
kickitpinkbike wrote:
HewDaawg wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:

it was Cliff-Huxtable that i was talking about he was dissin dh/fr hardtails

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 19:17 Quote
kickitpinkbike wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:

is that you?LMAO thats me six years ago(with the shirt)

No, that's not really me... Just a pic I found online awhile back.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://carcino.gen.nz/images/image.phpi/233af8eb/melvin.jpg?cb=1115204527

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 19:17 Quote
HewDaawg wrote:
kickitpinkbike wrote:
HewDaawg wrote:

prople are stupid id say get a hardtail to start like this guy here before me hes just starting and hardtails are way cheeper than fullys anyone knows that. so mabey he wont like downhill and mabey hell like freeride who know its like if your just getting into biking and go out and get a demo for like 8 grand rather than getting a cheeper bike to start out and learn. im sayin get a hardtail or get a fully if you can find a descent one for cheep.
it was Cliff-Huxtable that i was talking about he was dissin dh/fr hardtails
thank you, god he was annoying

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015919
Mobile Version of Website