What do your parents/friends not understand about bikes?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What do your parents/friends not understand about bikes?
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 21:31 Quote
My Dad doesn't understand why my Devinci Wilson 2 with double crown's can't tailwhip, even after showing him.

EDIT

Not that I could tailwhip anyway, he saw it in NWD 9 when I showed him..

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 21:37 Quote
My mom dosnt get why i have A stinky for DH, A Blk Mrkt Riot for DJ and i want an all mountain as well and My Dad dosnt get why i want to buy new parts if my crap old ones arent broken

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 21:44 Quote
my dad doesnt get that you cant use an x/c bike for dj
ive been tryin to backflip a jamis dakar. . . havent got very far

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 21:46 Quote
my parents wonder why i have 3 bikes. i have one for street/dj, one for xc/am, and one for freeride/dh. and i'm building up a road bike. atleast i dont have a bike for every type of riding like a xc bike, am bike, fr bike, dh bike, dj bike, street bike, and any other types you can think of lol. also they wonder why i wanted to upgrade from a dirt jam comp with a qr axle to a argyle 409 with a 20mm axle. theyre completely different forks and a huge upgrade pretty much lowest end dj fork to highest end dj fork

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
they don't understand driving 45 minutes to go dirt jump, or why I don't ride my bike from point A to point B, or why I'm always buying new parts and bikes.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 21:54 Quote
skierdud89 wrote:
they don't understand driving 45 minutes to go dirt jump, or why I don't ride my bike from point A to point B, or why I'm always buying new parts and bikes.

my parents hate that i do that, but biking back from the city for an hour while piss drunk sure can get interesting lol

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 3:00 Quote
unclebones wrote:
stubb wrote:
connen31 wrote:

no offence but thats down right sad
coming from a 14 year old who,s just getting pubes thats hilarious

hahaha thats funny, i dont mind his comment though haha i love kombi's cause they look awesome i can put a surf board up top and bikes in the back Big Grin

not everyone under the age of 20 is a retard mate

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 3:39 Quote
why i ride for an hour to the jumps when i can go out for a ride to the park with my brother

why i keep changing frames

why my rear hubs so nosie

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 3:55 Quote
Dont live with parents now so what they gona do, but there was a time when they would critisise everything about my bike.
They would have a go at me for having my brake levers in any position other than completely 90 degrees horizontal, for having my seat to low, for having my tires to soft, for wanting to put riser bars on it, for popping the occasional wheelie, for riding on anything other than tarmac or concrete, for taking anything off it etc etc etc etc.
Tho the largest convincing factor that my parents are morons came when i said i wanted to by some suspension forks for my bike, and considering i grew up in the south downs... they said that they were completely unnessecery and a waste of money and told me if i did i would get grounded... So i bought them anyways and kept my bike at a friends house!
That was all about 10 years ago and yet they are still of the same views, i had my old bighit on the back of my car one day when i went to see them,and the first thing my step dad said was a whole bunch of expletives leading up to an insult for buying somthing that expensive when i could of bought something usefull... I just turned to him and told him its better than spending half my yearly income on alchohol in the pub!

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 4:05 Quote
I know your parents can get annoying but remember they come from a time were bike parts were cheap and people were actually doing downhill on there XC bikes.

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 6:36 Quote
unclebones wrote:
I know your parents can get annoying but remember they come from a time were bike parts were cheap and people were actually doing downhill on there XC bikes.

but times have changed, now you ride down a mountain on a bike thats made for going down it not up it

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 6:52 Quote
how i can buy a bike and then want to change parts on it lol....

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:17 Quote
why i have moe than 1 bike, why i do street and dirt, why i get hurt, how i get hurt, why i ride, and why i go out for so long, why i get new parts, why i want a light bile, why i baught a jump bike, why im looking for a light street bmx, why i dont wear a helmet(i want one) why my hub makes loads of noise, why i baught new handle bars the other day, why i baught new pedals, whe i ride with my seat so low and why i LOVE bikes

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 10:20 Quote
mc12spyder wrote:
why i have moe than 1 bike, why i do street and dirt, why i get hurt, how i get hurt, why i ride, and why i go out for so long, why i get new parts, why i want a light bile, why i baught a jump bike, why im looking for a light street bmx, why i dont wear a helmet(i want one) why my hub makes loads of noise, why i baught new handle bars the other day, why i baught new pedals, whe i ride with my seat so low and why i LOVE bikes

you forgot why you can't spell Wink lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016834
Mobile Version of Website