Sherwood Pines Group

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Sherwood Pines Group
Posted: May 9, 2011 at 14:04 Quote
yer ok cheers i went down yerstday and the midddle set have got huge holes in every one and are riding very sketchy

Posted: May 10, 2011 at 12:43 Quote
check fish out gettin involved wiv the dirt jumps lol

Posted: May 11, 2011 at 8:30 Quote
anyone up for pines on sunday

Posted: May 26, 2011 at 11:05 Quote
Alright Dudes, new to the forum but im a pines veterian XD I use to ride pines on a regular basis about a year or so back and they use to ride sweet as they where regulary maintained but last sunday I went up and found them to be in quite a poor state, the intermiediats worse than the "expert". I stick to the big set and having rode them for a few hours felt that they had a lack flow and kick that they once had. But it wouldnt really take much to make them into some sick trails and im going to put them back that way as dig days have been few and far between and have mainly focused on the "downhill" trails, I know the fc prefer individuals not to take action to maintain trails without dig days but it needs to be done in order to keep a healthy scene in the area. I could keep digging and riding my own trails but pines use to have an awesome scene and im sure with a little work it could get this scene back. I'll be up this sunday doing litter picking and making a start on the bigset providing its ideal digging conditions, feel free to join me. Later dudes Big Grin

Posted: May 27, 2011 at 2:42 Quote
Should the weather be too poor to ride street or park this weekend, i'll be digging. once a decent spot that attracted business to pines and it's now lacking

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 at 15:28 Quote
pines sounds like pine

Posted: Jun 4, 2011 at 12:37 Quote
just a quick quesiton for anyone thats been down recently, word on the street is most of it is currently shut. If so why and how much?

Posted: Jun 4, 2011 at 14:38 Quote
We did red on Tuesday and it was open and Dh &dj were ok 2

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 at 4:20 Quote
radatabs wrote:
just a quick quesiton for anyone thats been down recently, word on the street is most of it is currently shut. If so why and how much?

Alot of the XC routes were closed off and diverted a few weeks ago, i think it was while FC were logging trees in those parts, but i think it's mostly open again now.

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 12:00 Quote
rite all..wen we gonna get this dig day sorted?a friend is goin to try bring his van up so we can have some music playing!will get in touch wiv becky
went up wed nite n they r gettin worse so lets all hook up n get them sorted cos its a shame to leave them as they r cos its a gud little spot..oh as well make sure all rubbish goes in bin..will ask becky if we can get some more bins up there 2..

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 13:51 Quote
get back to me when you have sorted it out and ill come with a few mates

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 at 8:56 Quote
its a good job your all probably sitting down, july 16th is dirt jump dig day and july 23rd is freeride park dig dayBig Grin

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 at 13:09 Quote
mririefish wrote:
its a good job your all probably sitting down, july 16th is dirt jump dig day and july 23rd is freeride park dig dayBig Grin

i'll turn up at the dirt jumps on the 16th, but i need a plan as they arn't my usual gig, you lot have bitched about a dig day on the jumps long enough, now's your chance to start sorting them out otherwise i might change them all into nice mellow gaps that old men like me can do LOL

Posted: Jul 7, 2011 at 13:12 Quote
ill be down with a few mates see you there

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014935
Mobile Version of Website