Best Roadtrip Music! *Need Help*

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Best Roadtrip Music! *Need Help*
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 22:01 Quote
Hey Yall. We all know summer is race season and that means roadtrips to races. What is necessary on a roadtrip? KILLER TUNES!!!
POST YOUR
-choice albums
-jammin' playlists
-or just whatever you can think of

LETS HEAR IT!!!!

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 at 22:06 Quote
Dont Stop Believing - Journey

Cant go wrong with this. tup

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 6:36 Quote
During a long drive on the highway I like the Red Hot Chili Peppers with their Stadium Arcadium album.

Excellent album!

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 7:33 Quote
I make it a point to create mixes specific for road trips. I also NEVER listen to an entire CD (with the exception of GirlTalk, in which case, always the whole CD)...

for one simple reason- albums are created to start, and end. highs and lows, mood changes, etc.

This is a road trip! I just wanna be pumped the whole time! So I pick the best songs and start piling them up. Estimate trip time, and get that much music. Done.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 8:20 Quote
draco wrote:
I make it a point to create mixes specific for road trips. I also NEVER listen to an entire CD (with the exception of GirlTalk, in which case, always the whole CD)...

for one simple reason- albums are created to start, and end. highs and lows, mood changes, etc.

This is a road trip! I just wanna be pumped the whole time! So I pick the best songs and start piling them up. Estimate trip time, and get that much music. Done.
I like the stadegy! someone is thinking!

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 15:22 Quote
Go for some Groove Armada or some Justice if your up for some high tempo good driving choons! Hot Chip is a fine choice as well Smile And may I recommend some Professor Kliq! He's quite a taltented young man and it's impressive he gives it away for free, so it's worth a try Big Grin

And I have to agree with Red Hot Chillis! Really good choons for long driving Wink

Have fun kiddies Smile

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
draco wrote:

Yeah, that doesn´t work for me. If I start listening to pumped up songs from Rise Against, Slayer and such, I´d probably crash and kill myself.

I am better off with some cool chill tunes. Like the Beautiful Girls, Jack Johnson, Minus the Bear, Tom Petty, Stillwater, Empire of the Sun, Cat Empire, Ben Harper, Bob Marley, Pedro the Lion, Johnny Cash and so on.

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 15:57 Quote
Load up on AC/DC, Guns'n'Roses, Meat Loaf, Led Zep - very much driving music... can't go too wrong there...

Also worth the while is some MGMT, plenty of Hendrix and SRV, Niel Young, Queen......

Those are all fairly non-controversial,apart from that, you know what you like, no-one can tell you what you'll enjoy listening to.

Which is kinda ironic, as it's exactly what I've just done

tup

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 18:18 Quote
always go with the claccic tune...Electric feel is cool

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
Sweet Caroline
Home for a rest
Living on a prayer
Mr Jones
Bohemian Rapsodie ( i can't spell that word to save my life)
Friends in Low places
Anything Weezer or Sublime
Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murpheys

anything you can sing along too, no matter how bad it is... think drunken kareoke... plus you always have to throw one of those 'what the hell is that doing on my IPod!' songs on... just to throw everyone off. I have the fresh prince of Bel Air theme song, Lunch Lady Land by Adam Sandler and L'amour a trois... a song about threesomes, but because it's in french most of my friends don't understand what's going on until the moaning and groaning! ha!.

Honestly as long as you are having fun, who cares what's on that playlist!!!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.073878
Mobile Version of Website