Reign or Reign X

• Next Page
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 12:42 Quote
rollergirl wrote:
Thanks for all the great feedback here. At the risk of pissing off the community, here's a new question!
what size?
I've test ridden a small (16") with a 50mm stem, and a medium (18") which fits with a shorter stem. I'm 5'6 with long legs and a short torso. Do I go small with a long stem or medium with a short stem? Both will need a little adjusting to fit.. how do I know which one is right?
thanks

probably medium with a short stem, i'm 6'1 with longer legs and I prefer it more 'bunched' together, I feel like i am more in control

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 12:44 Quote
What bike did you test ride, the Reign or the Reign X ?

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 13:25 Quote
well i would sugest a Trance X since you consider yourself a XC rider. But they could be difficult to find used since it's a fairly new model.
but if you can find one , that's what should be best ,
the Trance X whit short stem , 2.35 tires and even chain guide is unbelivable in decent , corners like crazy and is very plush.

the Reign X is just to heavy for trail ridding IMO.
(i have both model BTW)
the Reign is the happy medium but i cant say it offers a lot more that a good agressive setup on the Trance X ,

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
mitcht wrote:
What bike did you test ride, the Reign or the Reign X ?
oh sorry, the Reign!

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
just get a yeti 575 and all your problems will be solved

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 at 16:25 Quote
I'd recommend a trance x as well, definitely not a reign X because it is more of a free ride bike.

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 at 12:47 Quote
rollergirl wrote:
Thanks for all the great feedback here. At the risk of pissing off the community, here's a new question!
what size?
I've test ridden a small (16") with a 50mm stem, and a medium (18") which fits with a shorter stem. I'm 5'6 with long legs and a short torso. Do I go small with a long stem or medium with a short stem? Both will need a little adjusting to fit.. how do I know which one is right?
thanks
I'm 5'8" with a long torso and ride a Medium (18") Reign X (with a 50mm stem). Unless the Reign fits differently, I think, with long legs and short torso, you don't want too long a top tube, so you might be best with the small frame.

How did you feel on the two different sizes? You can always put a 60-70mm stem on the small frame to get a bit more room.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 5:01 Quote
go for the reign (not reign x)

i have an 06 reign 2 and it is an amzing bike! great up the climbs even better down the hills. with few mods to your personal set up and nothing will stop you with this bike. only thing id have to say about it, is that i found the bars were bit of a reach and im not exactly a short arse.lol. the tyres that come on the bike in my case 2.35 kenda's, have alot of drag but its worth putting in the extra effort because these tyres really perform down rough terrain(not sure what tyres they come with now though?). ive also got a 15" frame and im 5'9. means that when you need to put your seat down for the decents you have plenty of clearance so you can get right over the back end if its really steep.

overall great bike, money well spent id say but everyone is entitled to theor opinion :p

O+
Posted: May 31, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
so I have the reign 3 in a size small (16inch), and im 5'5". It really depends on how much you weigh, because if your like me and weigh around 130lbs, then go with the small. But anything bigger than that and I would definetly go with the medium (18inch)

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 13:14 Quote
l-lellraiser wrote:
rollergirl wrote:
I'm relatively new to riding and am trying to decide which bike to buy (used)! I'm not an aggressive rider, but I'm strong and can ride up fairly well. Although I dont really ever see myself hucking jumps or anything, I need a bike that performs well on the downhills to boost my confidence going down... which is why I'm thinking reign. Does anyone have an opinion on whether the reign X is too much bike for my kind of rider? and if so, what else would you recommend?
reign is a xc bike and reign x is a freerider/ AM bike

so for downhilling get a reign x,
and for sizing get prolly a small or medium
Reign is AM not XC , Reign X just has the extra 0.7 inch of travel , Ive just Packed my reign with freeride parts , and it rides better than a women.

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 17:28 Quote
Might want to look at a Specialized Pitch it would be perfect for your riding type.
If you want to stick with Giant go for the Reign or Trance.
The Reign X would be too much if your not doing agressive Trails/FR/DH

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 at 17:50 Quote
DH-Til-I-Die wrote:
Reign is AM not XC , Reign X just has the extra 0.7 inch of travel , Ive just Packed my reign with freeride parts , and it rides better than a women.

That's interesting that you say that. Are there any other 9 month old threads that you need to resurrect in order to compare your new bike to having sex?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015223
Mobile Version of Website