Choose yeti 303R DH X TRek Session 88 X Cove Shocker

PB Forum :: Downhill
Choose yeti 303R DH X TRek Session 88 X Cove Shocker
Posted: May 6, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
You don't have to narrow your choices down to those three bikes man, acttually they are all pretty bad choices for slower, technichal courses.
You have a LOT to choose from(giant glory, sc v10, intense m6/socom, commencal supreme DH, turner DHR and a lot more) so just ride everything and choose what feels best0that's the only way to really find out.

FL
Posted: May 7, 2009 at 5:18 Quote
Termenaitor wrote:
You don't have to narrow your choices down to those three bikes man, acttually they are all pretty bad choices for slower, technichal courses.
You have a LOT to choose from(giant glory, sc v10, intense m6/socom, commencal supreme DH, turner DHR and a lot more) so just ride everything and choose what feels best0that's the only way to really find out.

thanks man, but i think glory is too heavy, v10 have much inches to the brazilian courses, intense m6 is so expensive and have much inches too, socom i like, but i dont like the geo, comencal supreme doesn´t have in canada, and i think turner will came to canada only at 2010,,,,,if i speak some bull shit, answer me, because i dont have much information about bikes, ok,,,,,thanks again

Posted: May 7, 2009 at 8:05 Quote
pbuser52125 wrote:
Termenaitor wrote:

thanks man, but i think glory is too heavy, v10 have much inches to the brazilian courses, intense m6 is so expensive and have much inches too, socom i like, but i dont like the geo, comencal supreme doesn´t have in canada, and i think turner will came to canada only at 2010,,,,,if i speak some bull shit, answer me, because i dont have much information about bikes, ok,,,,,thanks again

you can get commencal in canada

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 2:31 Quote
pbuser52125 wrote:
Termenaitor wrote:

Of course you can get them in canada! Turner and commencal are really big there!

O+
Posted: May 8, 2009 at 2:37 Quote
kqmtb2006 wrote:
stryke wrote:
kqmtb2006 wrote:
yeah if its for racing i would say the trek cause ive heard the geometry is real nice and i can guarantee it wont dent as easily as it sounds.
\

how the hell can you guarantee that when its pretty well known that the tubing is crazy thin?
first of all i bet you would know, second, i don't think everyone that has it has dented it or broken it obviously... i doubt youve ridden one too
but if youre looking do some more freeride kind of stuff then i don't know if i would get it because it's more of a race frame and meant to be not super burly
to be fair last years red bull rampage was won by Brandon Semenuk on a session 88! The only mod it had was 010 boxxers rather than the standard fox 40's! It dents quite easily but they are very strong frames!

Posted: May 8, 2009 at 6:39 Quote
rolto1822 wrote:
kqmtb2006 wrote:
stryke wrote:
\

how the hell can you guarantee that when its pretty well known that the tubing is crazy thin?
first of all i bet you would know, second, i don't think everyone that has it has dented it or broken it obviously... i doubt youve ridden one too
but if youre looking do some more freeride kind of stuff then i don't know if i would get it because it's more of a race frame and meant to be not super burly
to be fair last years red bull rampage was won by Brandon Semenuk on a session 88! The only mod it had was 010 boxxers rather than the standard fox 40's! It dents quite easily but they are very strong frames!
now thats what im talking about

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 7:17 Quote
if you have the money, the yeti hands down.

O+ FL
Posted: May 10, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
rolto1822 wrote:

also to be fair, it dented, but yeah, it was redbull rampage...

Ever think about a demo? It kind of suits your needs with its super short chainstay which will let you corner better than a longer chainstay bike and will be easier to weave through those slow tech sections, but as a trade of it won't be as stable at high speeds but it doesn't sound like that'll effect you...I love mine and I might be a little bit biased Wink

It's a tad heavy for light weight race build but it's definitely lighter than a 303-R or Shocker and they are readily available in Canada...

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 9:16 Quote
a dent doesnt mean the frame will fail, i have yet to dent a session and i ride in the east where it is extremely rocky. They are extremely strong but they do have thin tubing but that doesnt mean its going to fail on you, if its treks fault they will replace it. I still think the 88 is the best bike

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 9:27 Quote
why dont you get a morewood izimu, i ride one and its amazing for everything, freeride, dh raceing, and its not the bad a climber, has a really nice snappy feel, preditable feel. if i were you id go with a izimu, but if you dont like single pivots get the session, my bro rides one and he says its amazing, just plows through anything. if you want a plow bike get the session or the cove cause they feally feel the same just that the cove weights alot more, if you wanna bike that involves more finesse and handling, get yeti or my fave, IZIMU

Posted: May 10, 2009 at 9:29 Quote
do you actually live in brazil, if so than why do you care if they sell commencal in canada? and yah a commencal is also a great frame, and dont forget about the new evil frame, there so sick

FL
Posted: May 11, 2009 at 5:43 Quote
mr-eric wrote:
do you actually live in brazil, if so than why do you care if they sell commencal in canada? and yah a commencal is also a great frame, and dont forget about the new evil frame, there so sick

I WILL BUY THE BIKE IN CANADA, I WILL GO THERE AT AUGUST...

FL
Posted: May 11, 2009 at 5:55 Quote
I THINK BUY YETI, I LOVE THE BIKES SINCE 90, THAT A DREAM TO ME, BUT I ASK TO ME WHAT ABOUT SINGLE PIVOT AND SO LOW B.B. HEIGHT? 13.75 THAT A SUPER LOW BIKE, ANYONE KNOW IF THIS A BAD THING?

AND YETI FRAME WEIGHT 10.5, THATS A HEAVY FRAME? LOOKING THAT IM NOT A PROFESSIONAL RIDER, THE WEIGHT BETWEENN YETI AND TREK MAKE BIG DIFERENCE?

AND THE BRAKE FEEL AT YETI SINGLE PIVOT, TREK ABP THAT A HUGE DIFERENCE?

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

O+
Posted: May 11, 2009 at 6:07 Quote
Out of your choices, cove shocker and yeti 303. But you have to realize, the 303 is primarily a race only machine, and requires maintenence in comparisison to a shocker.

Yeti 303's do feel like pimp couches though, they ride very very nice.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2009 at 6:07 Quote
mr-eric wrote:
why dont you get a morewood izimu, i ride one and its amazing for everything, freeride, dh raceing, and its not the bad a climber, has a really nice snappy feel, preditable feel. if i were you id go with a izimu, but if you dont like single pivots get the session, my bro rides one and he says its amazing, just plows through anything. if you want a plow bike get the session or the cove cause they feally feel the same just that the cove weights alot more, if you wanna bike that involves more finesse and handling, get yeti or my fave, IZIMU

Oh, and that is a bad choice when standing next to a 303 and a shocker.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014262
Mobile Version of Website