Freeride Kelowna and area

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Freeride Kelowna and area
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 12:14 Quote
I figure I would be the first to resurect the old thread.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 12:23 Quote
dirtdavediddler wrote:
I figure I would be the first to resurect the old thread.

There's one already in the Canada West forum but it seems like a gromfest will be happening in there.

Rolleyes

G_X

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 10:02 Quote
is the biking scene in kelowna super huge?

i am hoping to find a job somewhere out there next summer so i can bike like crazy

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 10:48 Quote
beaker1 wrote:
is the biking scene in kelowna super huge?

i am hoping to find a job somewhere out there next summer so i can bike like crazy

Well there's plenty accessible XC and FR, but not really any fast wide open DH runs.
Silver Star is the big DH deal from third week July through to Labour Day. Then it's back to shuttling.
Can ride Knox Mountain most of the year through the shoulder season, only a few weeks where the snow sucks ass.
Sun Peaks is close enough to easily make a day trip for a change of scenery.

But sure it can be hard to hook up with riders of the same level, same mentality, as everyone is off doing there own thing with a posse. And though you do see plenty of big rigs aroud town, and the market sustains 5 or 6 bike shops, I wouldn't call it "huge", really.

G_X

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 10:51 Quote
how about dirt jumps? skate/bike parks?

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 11:21 Quote
beaker1 wrote:
how about dirt jumps? skate/bike parks?

Yeah bike/skate park in Rutland.
DJs, now that'd be under the radar, but yes, plenty around.

G_X

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 17:46 Quote
If you look at the valley as a whole, it's fricken massive dude.

So many trails, and killer variety. Epic Xc stuff out the wazoo and burly hucker trails as big as you'd ever need to go. In all of BC, I'd say that the Okanagan and the Fraser Valley (Abby and Vedder) are about the most progressive zones.

I moved up in April and I'm riding different trails every day still.

Enjoy

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 18:04 Quote
uhm...is the biking scene any good in kelowna???

what kinda riding you looking for? if it's dh...well then get on your horse and hold on.

Gillard Creek is stock loaded with flowy fast gappy (insert DH adjective here) that will make you all giddy with adrenalie. Check out NWD 5, robbie B's session is mostly at gillard. Look up Nato's album here in Pinkbike..all his pics from Kelowna.

go over to summerland...you got Powers Creek which has got some super long awesome lines down and is still being developed...

Penticton got some great lines too....im not a local but i know i wouldnt mind living there one bit.

yea..i'd say you could handle moving to K-town. Just make sure you hit your trannies.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 18:11 Quote
Powers is on the Westside not Summerland

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010576
Mobile Version of Website