MARZOCCHI 66 SL ATA Problem- lack of travel.

PB Forum :: Downhill
MARZOCCHI 66 SL ATA Problem- lack of travel.
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 at 4:19 Quote
mikeyboy wrote:
I believe most of Marzocchi's cartridges go for about £80. Add a bit of work, and you'll have it up to about £100 maybe. These are no exact figures, by any mean.

I believe you're making a fairly unfair decision against Marzocchi. As you haven't talked to them, and you bought it second-hand. Besides, it's a first generation air-sprung freeride fork, I'd say it's fairly obvious it has to have some flaws.

You could try and get in touch with the old owner, maybe he'll say that he owns it, and help you with warranty.

HI mike. i bought the forks brand new. and my 888's had a fault as well.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 13:54 Quote
I had the same problem with my 66 sl ata...
just had to send it in, twice. They had to change an o-ring
in the ata cartidge and now it works flawlessly.
Just gotta send it in, you'll get it back in about 3 weeks.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 14:07 Quote
mikeyboy wrote:
I believe most of Marzocchi's cartridges go for about £80. Add a bit of work, and you'll have it up to about £100 maybe. These are no exact figures, by any mean.

I believe you're making a fairly unfair decision against Marzocchi. As you haven't talked to them, and you bought it second-hand. Besides, it's a first generation air-sprung freeride fork, I'd say it's fairly obvious it has to have some flaws.
You could try and get in touch with the old owner, maybe he'll say that he owns it, and help you with warranty.

I find it incredible how we are now expecting forks to fail. There is a very specific intended purpose for them. I get the author of the thread. I expect a reliable product, even if its first generation. There are too many forks failing from too many manufacturers. I know I have had problems with the last two high end forks that I have bought from major manufacturers. It is totally unacceptable for me, and I wont be buying from them again. Wish me luck in finding a reasonable alternative.

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 16:38 Quote
they r good forks if medium to heavy coil spring they work find on my i have custom made ones in my i have used them for years of thrashing and they have never let me down

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 16:46 Quote
tipene wrote:
they r good forks if medium to heavy coil spring they work find on my i have custom made ones in my i have used them for years of thrashing and they have never let me down

This thread is 10 years old...

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014341
Mobile Version of Website