Best moto style whip out on a mtb or bmx

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Best moto style whip out on a mtb or bmx
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 22:41 Quote
BlackHornet wrote:
photo

here is the best bubba scrub ever redone on a MTB. yes its a scrub, but you have to whip the bike around so therefore its a whip as well.....just a really low one. if you look up bubba stewart and see his scrubs on a moto, youll see how close this one is to his
holy crap, if he were to stand there his head would be above how high it is now, when u can do a whip that takes away height u know ur pro
edit: i had no clue what that was supposed to mean XD

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 22:53 Quote
I know its for bikes but if anybody has spare time, check out the x games 15 whip competition on youtube... INSANE

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 22:57 Quote
i got a question about whips, do u whip farther with a heavier bike or lighter bike, becuz i was thinking and came up with 2 theories. A: the heavier bike allows you to have more counterbalance and allows the rider to lean farther or B: with a lighter bike theres less of a counterbalance and allows the rider to throw the bike out while the rider doesnt move as far to counterbalance

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 22:58 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0904/as_moto_myles_2_630.jpgMy friend can get his whips exactly like this but the back end is more whipped out...I know you guy wont beleive me because I dont have any pics but me and my friend kyle where standing there working on the landing and he hits the jump going right above us and he looking down while doing this we could so he face and we though it was a failed 360 we look at each other and say "oh shit' His one foot slipped of due to having no pins on his pedal and missing a quarter of one of them (it cracked and fell off) but he got new pedals and is going for it again tomorrow

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 23:05 Quote
BENBCM wrote:
i got a question about whips, do u whip farther with a heavier bike or lighter bike, becuz i was thinking and came up with 2 theories. A: the heavier bike allows you to have more counterbalance and allows the rider to lean farther or B: with a lighter bike theres less of a counterbalance and allows the rider to throw the bike out while the rider doesnt move as far to counterbalance
I find a heavier bike works better because I like to be able to lean in to my whip and with a lighter bike I feel like its gona float away if I do anything but hold on as hard as I can Razz Confused

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 23:09 Quote
kona-rider69 wrote:
BENBCM wrote:
I find a heavier bike works better because I like to be able to lean in to my whip and with a lighter bike I feel like its gona float away if I do anything but hold on as hard as I can Razz Confused
yeah and ur not going to feel the same affects if the bike is leaned out and ur not

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 23:13 Quote
BENBCM wrote:
kona-rider69 wrote:
BENBCM wrote:
yeah and ur not going to feel the same affects if the bike is leaned out and ur not
Exactly,So you sound like you whip like me...heavy ish bike ftw I find about 29-31 32ish is whats best

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 23:26 Quote
kona-rider69 wrote:
BENBCM wrote:
kona-rider69 wrote:

Exactly,So you sound like you whip like me...heavy ish bike ftw I find about 29-31 32ish is whats best
hey well right on , thanks for helping me man

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 23:27 Quote
BENBCM wrote:
kona-rider69 wrote:
BENBCM wrote:
hey well right on , thanks for helping me man
No problemo Salute (mexican accent)

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 at 23:30 Quote
photo

From one of the b.c. cup races NOT MY PHOTO

Posted: Oct 17, 2009 at 1:40 Quote
photo

if it counts

Posted: Oct 17, 2009 at 2:49 Quote
photo

I post this in here before?

Posted: Oct 17, 2009 at 9:30 Quote

this is how a moto whip should look like

FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 at 9:34 Quote
photo

thats my best pic

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019714
Mobile Version of Website