Raceface Atlas FR Cranks or Shimano Saint

PB Forum :: Downhill
Raceface Atlas FR Cranks or Shimano Saint
  • Next Page
Mod
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 12:05 Quote
The Saint crankset is no stronger than that of the Atlas FR crank. Both produce an incredibly strong and stiff crank. There were early issues with Race Face X-Type cranks but that has been sorted out. Even with my old Diabolus crankset, I never experienced any play with my cranks. However, there are several people out there who did. On the other hand, the Saint turned purple over time as the paint rubbed and they got older/more used. You really can't go wrong with either crankset as they will accomplish exactly what you want. They are stiff, strong, durable, pretty much maintenance free. It all comes down to price, weight, and color. These personal preferences will determine which crank you buy. Here are some reviews of the Atlas FR. I'm sure you can find reviews of the Saints pretty easily.

RF Atlas FR First Impressions

RF Atlas FR Long Term

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 at 21:05 Quote
how many splines does the atlas fr crank have?

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 0:39 Quote
im not sure if its just me or if i got super lucky. all i did when i installed my evolve DH cranks (which also use the same X-type interface) is find out what the chainline of my frame is and match that with the number of spacers it said in the manual... then it was the simple matter of installation and i was good-to-go...

i would recommend the atlas over saints mainly because of the bottom bracket. since they're equal in strength, just go with one that lasts, i.e.- the race face bottom bracket lasts much longer then the slimmer shimano one. mainly because of the seal system and the size of the bearings

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2009 at 0:40 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
The Saint crankset is no stronger than that of the Atlas FR crank. Both produce an incredibly strong and stiff crank. There were early issues with Race Face X-Type cranks but that has been sorted out. Even with my old Diabolus crankset, I never experienced any play with my cranks. However, there are several people out there who did. On the other hand, the Saint turned purple over time as the paint rubbed and they got older/more used. You really can't go wrong with either crankset as they will accomplish exactly what you want. They are stiff, strong, durable, pretty much maintenance free. It all comes down to price, weight, and color. These personal preferences will determine which crank you buy. Here are some reviews of the Atlas FR. I'm sure you can find reviews of the Saints pretty easily.

RF Atlas FR First Impressions

RF Atlas FR Long Term

sick lines has a fantastic review on the saint cranks. i also believe that they have a preview on the atlas cranks showcasing some very nice close up photos

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 11:18 Quote
Bottom bracket + cranks on RF atlas FR weight 850 g. The same on Saint is 860 g (couse the bottom bracket is more then 20 g heavier on RF).

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 12:05 Quote
the saints are usually on offer fairly cheap though in there credit, i've seen new sets go on flea bay for around 100 quid!

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 12:07 Quote
SAINTS SAINTS SAINTS...my buddies with raceface cranks switched to SAINTS. I got Saints. SAINTS SAINTS SAINTS

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 18:07 Quote
i love my raceface atlas cranks they are holding up realy good,they are light and very strong

O+ FL
Posted: May 21, 2011 at 15:45 Quote
How much is it for an atlas fr cranket?

Posted: Jan 4, 2013 at 13:10 Quote
Graphxxx wrote:
Correction, Race Face are forged.

Actually CNC

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017210
Mobile Version of Website