Official Kamloops thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kamloops thread
O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2017 at 9:46 Quote
Karbour wrote:
Hello all,
I have a family road trip planed for first week of July that puts me in Kamloops on the 6th & 7th.
No one in the famjam rides so I'm planning to ride in the morning 7-10am before they get going. I'm looking to hook up with some of you locals to ride with who can show me the good trails and make the most of my time. Can shuttle (4 max) and provide morning coffee.
Hit me up if your into playing tour guide.
Cheers
I should be around for morning of 7th.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 8:23 Quote
hey guys!!! heading to kamloops for a stage tee in 2 weeks. looking to ride some good xc/enduro style trails. riders are upper intermediate (can ride blacks in whis and squamish fairly comfortably). any suggestions for a couple hours (3-4) riding near kamloops.... so many trails on trail forks we need some advice!!!! cheers!!!

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 8:32 Quote
meghanwesterman wrote:
hey guys!!! heading to kamloops for a stage tee in 2 weeks. looking to ride some good xc/enduro style trails. riders are upper intermediate (can ride blacks in whis and squamish fairly comfortably). any suggestions for a couple hours (3-4) riding near kamloops.... so many trails on trail forks we need some advice!!!! cheers!!!

If staying in the city limits, be sure to hit up Pineview. Start with switch it up and then head west to catch stubby, mine, rock and roll, blaze on the hillside or sheps. There are more trails up there that are certainly worth exploring. These will end up as loops so you can easy find 3 hours or more riding up there.

This is just a tip of the Kamloops riding scene iceberg but a good use of your limited time. Enjoy!

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 10:25 Quote
Stopping off in Kamloops on a 2 week road trip from Minnesota to Whistler in a couple weeks. Any suggestions on what to ride? My friends an I did this trip a couple of years ago and road Rio and the Ranch all day, but were wondering what else we missed on our last trip.

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 12:34 Quote
hawkeye2311 wrote:
Stopping off in Kamloops on a 2 week road trip from Minnesota to Whistler in a couple weeks. Any suggestions on what to ride? My friends an I did this trip a couple of years ago and road Rio and the Ranch all day, but were wondering what else we missed on our last trip.

The ranch is running fast and loose! Rio is pretty much f'd up. Water has found its way back onto the trail and it has made portions of it a mess. For enduro/xc, Pineview is a great area. A great shuttle area is Harper Mountain (you can also pedal up there too). Be sure to check in with Mostly Mental Shuttles for more info!

Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 20:44 Quote
All biking trails within the city of Kamloops are closed due to extreme fire hazard until further notice. This includes the Kamloops Bike Ranch, Kenna Cartwright and Pineview Valley.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2017 at 20:53 Quote
No annoucement about batch yet but i cant see how it would be any better...

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 10:29 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
hawkeye2311 wrote:

The ranch is running fast and loose! Rio is pretty much f'd up. Water has found its way back onto the trail and it has made portions of it a mess. For enduro/xc, Pineview is a great area. A great shuttle area is Harper Mountain (you can also pedal up there too). Be sure to check in with Mostly Mental Shuttles for more info!

Thanks for the heads up! We were thinking of riding Harper (only about half a day of riding until we push on to Whistler).

Posted: Jul 9, 2017 at 10:31 Quote
hawkeye2311 wrote:
criscokid25 wrote:
hawkeye2311 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up! We were thinking of riding Harper (only about half a day of riding until we push on to Whistler).

Harper is still open...for now. Everything else has been shut down due to fire hazards. The Province of BC has not put a ban on back country use...which is the category that Harper Mtn. falls into.

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 13:32 Quote
Does anyone know if Jamieson road is open?

Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 16:30 Quote
rivssss wrote:

Yes and no. You can access Jellyfoot and the pick up from the o'connor lake trails. Above that, the road is not open (as of two weeks ago).

Posted: Jul 11, 2017 at 16:22 Quote
Harper was closed this afternoon.

Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 9:51 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
rivssss wrote:

Yes and no. You can access Jellyfoot and the pick up from the o'connor lake trails. Above that, the road is not open (as of two weeks ago).

So i was wrong. Jameson creek road is full blocked off at the 1km mark. Buggars.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 21:36 Quote
That sucks. That's a sweet riding area shut down.

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 7:58 Quote
Rained yesterday and we're still in town for the morning. Any riding open?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013118
Mobile Version of Website