Im looking for a bike that can do almost everything, i no, im asking the impossible, but owell!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Im looking for a bike that can do almost everything, i no, im asking the impossible, but owell!
  • Next Page
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 19:39 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
... I regretfully ended up with a Banshee Wildcard, it really isn't that good of a bike, a bit too heavy for jumping, pedals like shite, rubbish paint job, crappy 'Made in Taiwan' fabrication/aesthetics and the DHX air shock is really naff too- I can only run 10-15% sag before it starts to bottom out riding off curbs .../rant over>

... If you really feel the need to go new, then look at the Solid Flair [or the 2010 Commencal Absolut SX (featured on the home page), basically the same frame!], Orange Blood or a Kona Bass; I don't think the Cannondale Chase ST is out yet, still prototype as far as I'm aware.

Totally disagree with your statements about the Wildcard! The WC is a really good and versatile Bike which pedals very well and has a superb efficient Suspension overall. The Manufactionquality is Top-Taiwan-Standard. The only weakness is the Wetpaint which can scratch more easy, if that bothers on a bike which is ment to ride hard, thats all, others than that the Wildcard can built up light and is a Bike you should definately look at!

Seems like ctd07 was one of a very very very few who unfortunately received a frame with improper welded ISCG-Tabs and has a quite heavy Partspec. The DHX Airshock can be set up very nice, wonder how you manage to bottom out?!

If you want a Do-it-all Bike then Bikes like Solid Flair or Commencal Absolut SX should maybe not be your first choice, because their bottom bracket mounted pivots makes them really bad to pedal!

Regards
NoStyle

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
empire 5, sx/sx trail, absolut sx, kona bass, bottelrocket.

just look at bikes that have around 4-6" of travel and compare from there.

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 19:54 Quote
Bottlerocket.

/end thread.

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 19:57 Quote
gibson243 wrote:
Bottlerocket.

/end thread.

thats what i was thinking, but it depends if he wants gears or not.

gears=bottlerocket

ss=absolut sx

END THREAD

O+
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 20:02 Quote
honey-bunches-of-oats wrote:
gibson243 wrote:
Bottlerocket.

/end thread.

gears=bottlerocket

ss=absolut sx

END THREAD
No ones ridden the Absolut SX...
for a Do it all bike...Knolly Delerium T, SX-Trail, Nomad, Uzzi, Canfield can-can....not a single pivot, that ccant climb! well, not as well as these at least.
EDIT: sorry i read the first post...get a double.

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
I've got small blocks and other things on my sx trail right now. The
weights at about 35lbs and it feels great for just about everything, even
tight steep dirtjumps.

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 20:17 Quote
nishnash wrote:
honey-bunches-of-oats wrote:
gibson243 wrote:
Bottlerocket.

/end thread.

gears=bottlerocket

ss=absolut sx

END THREAD
No ones ridden the Absolut SX...
for a Do it all bike...Knolly Delerium T, SX-Trail, Nomad, Uzzi, Canfield can-can....not a single pivot, that ccant climb! well, not as well as these at least.
EDIT: sorry i read the first post...get a double.

alright fine,

bottlerocket or kona bass. bass for more djs, bottlerocket for more fr.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 4:52 Quote
nostyle wrote:
ctd07 wrote:
*snip*

Totally disagree with your statements about the Wildcard! The WC is a really good and versatile Bike which pedals very well and has a superb efficient Suspension overall. The Manufactionquality is Top-Taiwan-Standard. The only weakness is the Wetpaint which can scratch more easy, if that bothers on a bike which is ment to ride hard, thats all, others than that the Wildcard can built up light and is a Bike you should definately look at!

Seems like ctd07 was one of a very very very few who unfortunately received a frame with improper welded ISCG-Tabs and has a quite heavy Partspec. The DHX Airshock can be set up very nice, wonder how you manage to bottom out?!

- - - snip - - -

Regards
NoStyle
ok, no need to disagree - I previously had an Orange Patriot [built with even heavier parts] before getting the Wildcard, both bikes are single pivot and without question, the Patriot pedalled better! (My Norco with an FSR system I had before this pedalled much better than both though...) - Yes my Wildcard has a few faulty weld areas, but ignoring them, the weld quality is still messy compared to all the other bikes I've ever owned although it no doubt does the job. - and paint should be considered an important part of the bike, both for durability and re-sale reasons, plus you don't want your nice bike you've just paid for looking a bit tatty by the time you've built it up, which the Wildcard [non-anodized] will do. - and yes, I know how to set up my shock properly, but it still bottoms out all the time for what I ride, even with minimal sag - I have a feeling it may be affected by the fact all the pivots on my Wildcard are so tight the linkage is hard to move even without a shock attached, this is giving a large amount of undue stiction to overcome without affecting the late part of the travel as much. - the overall quality of the frame is just naff, anyone can do much better!

My comments weren't based directly against the Wildcard, but more for the Wildcard being used as the OP intends - by 'do it all', the guy is referring to a jump and lite-fr bike, not an xc-dh bike, so a bike with a concentric bb would be up to the job! I use my Wildcard for lite-dh, xc and dj - it does the job, but not very specially...

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 5:04 Quote
who you gonna call.....inspector gadget
most will agree that is has to be a specialized enduro or sx trail

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 6:38 Quote
Keit wrote:
who you gonna call.....inspector gadget
most will agree that is has to be a specialized enduro or sx trail
yeeeessss

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 8:45 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/corsair-007-600x450.jpg
Corsair konig, the one that Chris Smith rides and is holding in that pic, looks perfect for what you're asking!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024071
Mobile Version of Website