reignx2 wrote:
daaneel wrote:
reignx2 wrote:
steel or alu?
steel but its super light, take a look at it under my profile
do u think it can handle light trails?

O+
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 21:27 Quote
ns surge (frame) or ns core (complete) i think hits all those well. It has a 67 degree HA, and is a little longer and taller than the standard dj for FR, but it's still small enough for dj and street.

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 21:38 Quote
doconnor wrote:
ns surge (frame) or ns core (complete) i think hits all those well. It has a 67 degree HA, and is a little longer and taller than the standard dj for FR, but it's still small enough for dj and street.

looking to buy second hand because it would be cheaper less hassle and also because it wouldnt take less time to make the money and that means i would have to wait as long

FL
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 22:22 Quote
The best bike for you would be a used 2007 or 2008 Specialized P.Bike. They are super nice and are great for dj and street, not to mention you can get some for super cheap. I got mine for an amazing deal and I'm sure there are many more out there.

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 22:26 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
The best bike for you would be a used 2007 or 2008 Specialized P.Bike. They are super nice and are great for dj and street, not to mention you can get some for super cheap. I got mine for an amazing deal and I'm sure there are many more out there.

ya but which one is better? p1, p2 or p3?

FL
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 22:29 Quote
Well all the frames are the same just components are different. The P.3 has the best components and the P.1 is the cheapest. Some of the frames are chromoly steel and some are aluminum. I have the aluminum frame and it is really strong. I know really big people that ride them to their max yet they still survive. Just look on craigslist for a good deal on a dj bike that has a descent frame and components setup and it will be more than what you asked for.

Posted: May 26, 2009 at 22:33 Quote
taylorglorydh wrote:
Well all the frames are the same just components are different. The P.3 has the best components and the P.1 is the cheapest. Some of the frames are chromoly steel and some are aluminum. I have the aluminum frame and it is really strong. I know really big people that ride them to their max yet they still survive. Just look on craigslist for a good deal on a dj bike that has a descent frame and components setup and it will be more than what you asked for.
Ya i dont really care on the components cause im going to transfer everything from my mongoose to the frame i get. so basically just look on craigslist till good p frame deal comes up?

FL
Posted: May 26, 2009 at 22:51 Quote
I think a Kona five-0 would be a great bike for doin all you wanna do.. check them out!

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 5:19 Quote
I think it depends on a few things... if it's the only bike you are going to get and what type of fork are you gonna put on the frame... P1's are only rated for up to 100mm of travel you can change it, but void the warranty. I hated my P1. It sucked on trails and was no good at all for freeride.

I prefer something that can handle a longer travel fork, big tire clearance for freeride and dh type stuff, Horizontal dropouts so that I can slam the back wheel for riding street and dj's and don't have to run a tensioner... and about a 15.5 up to a 16.5" frame cuz I'm 5'10"

You may wanna look into a used Banshee Scratch, they're heavy, but can do it all and can handle a rigid fork or a 180mm travel Dual Crown fork...

P2's are sick because they aren't single speed. You gonna be going up hills before you go down..?

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 8:00 Quote
Santa Cruz Chamilion belive it or not the 1 with horzontal drop outs is a really killer frame Looks more lyk a DJ bike than a Jackal If not check out BLK Market Mob or Idenitti bikes

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
fugger wrote:
I think it depends on a few things... if it's the only bike you are going to get and what type of fork are you gonna put on the frame... P1's are only rated for up to 100mm of travel you can change it, but void the warranty. I hated my P1. It sucked on trails and was no good at all for freeride.

I prefer something that can handle a longer travel fork, big tire clearance for freeride and dh type stuff, Horizontal dropouts so that I can slam the back wheel for riding street and dj's and don't have to run a tensioner... and about a 15.5 up to a 16.5" frame cuz I'm 5'10"

You may wanna look into a used Banshee Scratch, they're heavy, but can do it all and can handle a rigid fork or a 180mm travel Dual Crown fork...

P2's are sick because they aren't single speed. You gonna be going up hills before you go down..?

yeah i have been thinking abot the p2, but there are no hills were i live so it will just be like trails...not downhill stuff

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
dyalnger9 wrote:
Santa Cruz Chamilion belive it or not the 1 with horzontal drop outs is a really killer frame Looks more lyk a DJ bike than a Jackal If not check out BLK Market Mob or Idenitti bikes
which year is that?

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 11:54 Quote
specialized p series, whatevers in your price range, form a great base to upgrade from and they're real versatile

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 12:17 Quote
daaneel wrote:
dyalnger9 wrote:
which year is that?

03 04 super great geometry for DJ and 4x

Posted: May 27, 2009 at 16:20 Quote
daaneel wrote:
reignx2 wrote:
daaneel wrote:

steel or alu?
steel but its super light, take a look at it under my profile
do u think it can handle light trails?
yeah for sure

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015283
Mobile Version of Website