PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
SX TRAIL or banshee WILDCARD ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 28, 2009 at 16:05 Quote
as above, which one?
i would have either with a single crown fork, probably totems

cheers

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 16:10 Quote
banshee for a more slopestyle feeling bike. sx trail for a more all mountain freeride feel.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
those are two completely different bikes man

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 16:21 Quote
use the search man. i think this has been brought up like 3 times already

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 16:35 Quote
My thoughts are probably a SX Trail, but the Banshees are nice too Smile

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 7:47 Quote
erm thanx guys

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 7:51 Quote
specialized specialized specialized no doubt about it!!!

O+
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 8:44 Quote
The SX Trail! this bike rocks. i love my SX and run a single crown. i jump it, freeride, and downhill. it does it all-very well. the SX has a lot of forged parts and heavy duty wall thickness. the sx is more heavy duty and the wildcard is nice, but not as built.

O+ FL
Posted: May 29, 2009 at 9:10 Quote
get the specialized if you want to be like 500000000 other people who have one.... banshee rules

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 12:55 Quote
totally different bikes

the Wildcard can be built lighter, and run on 5" rear travel with an adjustable travel fork like Lyric or 36 Talas will be super versatile with great acceleration when pumping DJs or pedalling, its a physically smaller bike than the SXT with lower standover height and super short chainstays with a slack head angle and steep seat angle which makes it feel very responsive

or built with a tough DJ fork like Marzocchi DJ1 or Rockshox Argyle will be a great dirt jump / slopestyle bike

photo

the SXT is a bigger bike with 7" travel, its going to be a better bike for rougher more natural, faster terrain and rutted bike parks as the FSR suspension is smoother in the rough chunder or braking through the bumps

are you talking about the old SXT or the new 2009 SXT, because the new 2009 SXT is a totally different beast to the old one! the new SXT feels just like a demo 7 but a little lighter and more nimble Smile

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
imspecialized9 wrote:
get the specialized if you want to be like 500000000 other people who have one.... banshee rules

yet your name is imspecialized...

Posted: May 29, 2009 at 14:13 Quote
markstoklosa wrote:
imspecialized9 wrote:

yet your name is imspecialized...

perhaps he's speaking from expirience fool

Posted: Jun 14, 2009 at 6:11 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
totally different bikes

the Wildcard can be built lighter, and run on 5" rear travel with an adjustable travel fork like Lyric or 36 Talas will be super versatile with great acceleration when pumping DJs or pedalling, its a physically smaller bike than the SXT with lower standover height and super short chainstays with a slack head angle and steep seat angle which makes it feel very responsive

or built with a tough DJ fork like Marzocchi DJ1 or Rockshox Argyle will be a great dirt jump / slopestyle bike

photo

the SXT is a bigger bike with 7" travel, its going to be a better bike for rougher more natural, faster terrain and rutted bike parks as the FSR suspension is smoother in the rough chunder or braking through the bumps

are you talking about the old SXT or the new 2009 SXT, because the new 2009 SXT is a totally different beast to the old one! the new SXT feels just like a demo 7 but a little lighter and more nimble Smile

different bikes may be but he did ask of these tow bikes which would each pinkbiker recommend
do you get a bonus for sales leads?

Posted: Jun 14, 2009 at 6:12 Quote
imspecialized9 wrote:

so 500000000 people are wrong; build quality alone the specialized wins by miles Smile

Posted: Jun 14, 2009 at 6:29 Quote
Keit wrote:
hampsteadbandit wrote:
totally different bikes

photo

different bikes may be but he did ask of these tow bikes which would each pinkbiker recommend
do you get a bonus for sales leads?

Rob works for freeborn bikes who sell both specialized and banshee bikes (Mythic in the UK) so it doesnt really interest him to be biased either way.

And like people have already said, it is completely down to what he wants the bike for as both are sick bikes in my experience. I would personally pick the wildcard but if he wants something a bit more heavy hitting than a new SX is a better choice.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018406
Mobile Version of Website