Shimano Nexave

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Shimano Nexave
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
So This bike came into work with full Shimano Nexave drivetrain. The front derailleur needs to be adjusted, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to adjust it.

Any help from people with experience working on these?

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 20:14 Quote
what kind of shifter does it have

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 20:17 Quote
i dont know if i can remember those exactly but i just worked on one like a week or 2 ago. what kind of bike is it on

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 20:17 Quote
what is the issue, I think it still adjusts the same way. It has a button to release it if I recall.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 20:18 Quote
brucie1 wrote:
what is the issue, I think it still adjusts the same way. It has a button to release it if I recall.

I'm getting cable pull, but only on the cable going from the shifter tot eh derailleur. Nothing on the other cable.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
specialized9 wrote:
i dont know if i can remember those exactly but i just worked on one like a week or 2 ago. what kind of bike is it on

Trek 7500

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 20:22 Quote
The sad thing is I did Google it as I made this thread...

Edit: That doesn't look like what I'm seeing on this bike. I'll get a picture later.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 23:05 Quote
Ok, first off, what brings you to the conclusion that it needs adjusted? Gimme more info on this and Ill try to get you straight.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 23:07 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Ok, first off, what brings you to the conclusion that it needs adjusted? Gimme more info on this and Ill try to get you straight.

It came into the shop for a derailleur adjustment. I get cable pull with the shifter, but nothing on the derailleur.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 23:10 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:

It came into the shop for a derailleur adjustment. I get cable pull with the shifter, but nothing on the derailleur.

Ok, so it goes in the "magic box" and comes out with nothing. Thats what Im understanding?

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 at 23:19 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:

Ok, so it goes in the "magic box" and comes out with nothing. Thats what Im understanding?

Basically. But it's not like the one that Hombre linked to. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 3:36 Quote
that is weird.

take apart the magic box, probably a broken paul somewhere in the system

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019008
Mobile Version of Website