The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 22:06 Quote
Double post did he ver made those 4pice mollys?

He gave us street riders a raging boner for a while with IG posts and whatnot

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 23:53 Quote
liamarcher wrote:
What are the alternatives to the district bars ?

Gusset Open Prison

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 10:24 Quote
seraph wrote:
liamarcher wrote:

Black Market Molly Hatchets

PrideStreet, and are the mollys even made or available anywhere?

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 10:33 Quote
Stolen in south east England (Brighton) today from Sussex uni at around 4pm, hope people don't mind me posting this everywhere but I wanna get it out as much as possible, obviously super unique, had a profile elite mtb hub, doubt there's more than 10 of these exact black hubs in the uk so if you see any for sale please tell me!! Thanks
Da whip

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 18:06 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Double post did he ver made those 4pice mollys?

He gave us street riders a raging boner for a while with IG posts and whatnot
Hell yeah he has the Mollys. The 4 pc bars are called Sweet Bars. I have 1 of the 1st pairs of 3 pc bars he sold. The new ones are badass. Check my Instagram page @shermanfloors I have a pic of all 3 sets.
Rob

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 18:08 Quote
BSal wrote:
seraph wrote:
liamarcher wrote:

Black Market Molly Hatchets

PrideStreet, and are the mollys even made or available anywhere?
I call Carter himself when I need anything. Super cool dude.
Rob

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 23:03 Quote
Carter is deffinitely nice he really teied to help out when my bars snapped and f*cked up my shoulder but unfortunately things fell through because I made the move to bmx however he remained super helpful through the whole process

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 12:48 Quote

First day back at the BMX track after a year when i smashed my face lol. Riding a Nukeproof Snap Big Grin

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 at 6:16 Quote
I ride mostly park, and don't know which tyre (26") width would be perfect, 2.15 or 2.3"?
Some of tyres I can buy at LBS are Kenda Kiniption 26x2,3, Maxxis DTH 2.3/2.15, Vittoria Tattoo Light 2,3, Schwalbe Big Ben 2,15

should I go for both same size, or even mix it like front 2,3 rear 2,15?

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 at 7:36 Quote
kona-n wrote:
I ride mostly park, and don't know which tyre (26") width would be perfect, 2.15 or 2.3"?
Some of tyres I can buy at LBS are Kenda Kiniption 26x2,3, Maxxis DTH 2.3/2.15, Vittoria Tattoo Light 2,3, Schwalbe Big Ben 2,15

Most people ride 2.3-ish front and back.

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 at 14:54 Quote
I think you can easily mix & match, I'd say try it if you never have.
Although you might want to consider that tire widths differ from manufacturer to manufacturer... Good thing you can pop in to your lbs and see for yourself!Wink

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2017 at 17:33 Quote
kona-n wrote:

DTH is Bueno in 2.3. Get it

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 at 23:04 Quote
I've ran plenty of 2.2s and 2.25s. 2.15 is where I draw the line. To be honest, my favourite 26" tire is Mac 2 dirt, and it's 2.25 iirc. Second 2 are Specialized Compound control 2.3, and Rhythym Lite 2.3.

The latter 2 Specialized tires aren't too expensive, at least mine weren't. KHEs are hella expensive, no matter where you go. I strongly recommend anyone on this board to try Specialized tires and tell me they don't like them.

Booze lights are nice too, but they are huge tires. Inflated to 60 psi they're almost 2.45 wide, depending on rim choice

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 2:43 Quote
thank you all for advices

only reason I would go for narrower tyre is because it is also lighter, so I think I will go for vittoria tattoo light (wide and lightweight)

my first choice would be maxxis dth, but it is more expensive
I would go for it only if it would last longer than tattoo light, so has someone already ridden the both?

p.s. I could also get for really cheap Schwalbe table tops (I have them already and they are ok, but they don't last long tho) but I moved and I am not riding dirt anymore, so that's why I wanted to get some more park-specific tyre

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 5:28 Quote
Hi im looking for a bb for American bb that will fit a 30mm axel. ive seen the hope pf41 bb, but the american bb is a bit more than 41.0mm. Does anybody know it it will fit, or of a similar one ?

/thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.045306
Mobile Version of Website