DH/4X - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
DH/4X - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 4:40 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Yeah but 4x builds are cool as shit still.. My yeti DJ with a 10s setup and a 140 fork is super fu.

My local spot just built a pretty nice pump track, so there are some people there with nice 4xish builds. My buddy has a nice Tazer.

I’m actually in the middle of building a play bike myself, single speed & steel, though. Backs too old for stiff aluminum.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 6:00 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Yeah but 4x builds are cool as shit still.
So damn true. My gf has an old medium thunderbolt that I’ve been eyeing up for a cool race build.

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 6:34 Quote
scotteh wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
So damn true. My gf has an old medium thunderbolt that I’ve been eyeing up for a cool race build.

Thunderbolt could make a solid 4X build. Lower the fork, steepen the geo, ditch the dropper. Done.

Pig Bike

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 7:35 Quote
4X is making a comeback here. I think DJ/4X bikes are going to be the next 'thing' again.
Helps that there are now some pretty sweet pump tracks in just about every city now.

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 7:48 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
theminsta wrote:
Wow is DH dead?!?

jk

Anyone know if the 2019 Boxxer Debonair Air Spring fits on pre-2019 Boxxer stanchions?

No, but 4X is.

Title need change.

I actually made these threads specifically to talk about 4X stuff, for what it's worth. I'll probably never own a DH bike.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 9:31 Quote
My yeti DJ is probably it's final form as a Pump track bike with a 100mm fork, Carbon wheels, single speed and slicks.

I am going to slowly try and put together another 4x build since we have some really badass 4x type downhill pumptrack jump lines and flow trails.

There are still pslopes around and I know of a few enduro sxs.. But I still want to find one of the short travel 4x SX trails.

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 9:39 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
scotteh wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Thunderbolt could make a solid 4X build. Lower the fork, steepen the geo, ditch the dropper. Done.

Pig Bike

Can we talk about your trail pig some more?

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 10:16 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
My yeti DJ is probably it's final form as a Pump track bike with a 100mm fork, Carbon wheels, single speed and slicks.

I am going to slowly try and put together another 4x build since we have some really badass 4x type downhill pumptrack jump lines and flow trails.

There are still pslopes around and I know of a few enduro sxs.. But I still want to find one of the short travel 4x SX trails.

The enduro SX is the 100mm travel 4x ds weapon you want, I love mine

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 10:17 Quote
I miss this one so much!! Potatoes gonna potate.
Specialized sx

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 10:31 Quote
Circe wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
scotteh wrote:

Pig Bike

Can we talk about your trail pig some more?

*Pump track pig.

Little legs; trails are hard.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 10:40 Quote
christiaan wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

The enduro SX is the 100mm travel 4x ds weapon you want, I love mine

Yes.. But I want the old style one with the swooping tubes like WTH posted.. Not the new style one.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 10:42 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Specialized sx

So buddy has an absolute mint one that is sitting in my garage because he has no room for it.. But I know I will flog it and I don't want to beat on his mint one....... But possession is 9/10 of ownership right?

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 10:44 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Specialized sx

Red, White, & Blue slope bikes FTW!

I definitely miss mine to a degree.
photo

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 10:53 Quote
Those were the days!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.053733
Mobile Version of Website