Non wear break pads

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Non wear break pads
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
is their any break pads that dont wear the paint of rims (bmx)

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
are kool stop pads non wear???

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
keelankee wrote:
is their any break pads that dont wear the paint of rims (bmx)

Any pad intended to stop your bike will rub paint off your rim, simple. But there might be some sort of paints, or if you put enough paint layers on.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
the guy aboves right, i brought proper brake pads n they say that they dnt ware the paint off proper's rims but they have, cus even if the pads dnt, grit and dirt which gets on ur rim eventually will.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
maybe if you modify them to have a larger area, then there will be less friction in just that part, it will be distributed around more area, and less friction, idk could work lol

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
http://www.3ride.com/v2/detail/?itemID=6851 i guess no one has heard of clear brake pads?

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
B1LL15 wrote:
http://www.3ride.com/v2/detail/?itemID=6851 i guess no one has heard of clear brake pads?

Why would clear pads make any difference?

Friction rubs off paint, its not that the pads come off on the rim.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
ok change idia maby go breakless but how do i avoid cops

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 15:21 Quote
have you noticed the black shit on rims from black pads, or the red shit on rims from red pads etc. look at Aaron Ross's bike, his funday has the pink rims and he has the clear pads, and i am not retarded, i know friction takes it off, this just slows it down.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
I've heard amazing things about trials bike pads. They're really soft though, so they wear rapidly.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 15:33 Quote
B1LL15 wrote:
have you noticed the black shit on rims from black pads, or the red shit on rims from red pads etc. look at Aaron Ross's bike, his funday has the pink rims and he has the clear pads, and i am not retarded, i know friction takes it off, this just slows it down.

no... that just doesnt have the marks from the colored or normal (black pads) on it... it doesnt slow it downFacepalm

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 15:36 Quote
curlxupxandxdle wrote:
B1LL15 wrote:

no... that just doesnt have the marks from the colored or normal (black pads) on it... it doesnt slow it downFacepalm

he wants to preserve the color so having clear pads will help him....

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 16:04 Quote
get some clear brake pads
http://3ride.com/v2/detail/?itemID=6851

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 16:08 Quote
B1LL15 wrote:
curlxupxandxdle wrote:
B1LL15 wrote:

he wants to preserve the color so having clear pads will help him....

preserving color yes your correct.. but wear down of paint which this thread is about, it doesnt slow down

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 19:47 Quote
Yeah my bikes gonna have a black rim and i wanna run brakes but its gonna wear the paint Frown

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009130
Mobile Version of Website