Planning on comeing to Australia!

PB Forum :: Australia / New-Zealand
Planning on comeing to Australia!
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 22:05 Quote
Hey guys, next october ish im planning on maken move down to austrlia to race your guys national circut, film and shoot photos instead of staying up in canada while it snows and i sit in ski shop and drink way to much beer.

Was wondering few things:

Were should i try find place to live?
Were is the riding located mainly?
How is transportation cost down there?

Thanks every one!

Cheers!

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 at 0:37 Quote
east coast has alot of riding spots. if your doing dh try get to canberra or sydney as there are quite a few trails. sydneys got a few skate parks as well that are pretty good. and great street riding. if you go to places like terrey hills theres a bmx track, at sydney olympic park theres a 4x track, alot of secret trails, some legal dh runs etc. mt stromlo has a mtb park there thats pretty much all dh and the blue mountains apparently now has a slopestyle park and has alot of trails. to definitly get good riding id try out mt stromlo for dh, if you want more 4x/street/park go to sydney. there are some dirt jumps but its usually no dig no ride or illegal and secret so you cant really us rock up and start casing everything and not fix it

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 at 1:21 Quote
you going to need your own car. australia was built on the road trip and without one you'll soon be asked to leave the country...

look into getting a "wicked van" (google it) while you're here.

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 at 2:22 Quote
if your looking for trails in close proximity to the city try adelaide there are some fantastic trails there

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 at 2:39 Quote
http://www.wickedcampers.com.au/ devo hire one of those and as for the riding the east coast has plenty and tasmania has a fair bit aswell and around canberra and the snowy mountains the tracks are pretty hecktik

Posted: Jul 13, 2009 at 16:43 Quote
http://www.mtbdirt.com.au/home/index.php

has the trails on offer in south east queensland

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 at 2:13 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
you going to need your own car. australia was built on the road trip and without one you'll soon be asked to leave the country...

look into getting a "wicked van" (google it) while you're here.
lol those are awesome, in a strange and disturbing way. but yea rent a car or you wont be getting far

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 2:36 Quote
Yeah most of the DH trails are in the easterly area (Canberra, Sydney). But you can also get some good DH spots in Adelaide (South Australia).

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 3:11 Quote
adelaide seems to have more legal runs but some of the illegal trails around here are amazing. i recently found alot of freeriders have picked up a shovel and started building so theres alot of trails popping up everywhere

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 3:24 Quote
Victoria all the way tup Depending on how long you're going to be around for, i'd def look at hitting up the slopes once the snow is gone. Mt Buller has a couple of pretty ace DH trails, and Mt Beauty isn't bad either. Buller run the chair lifts too, so you don't have to shuttle. You Yangs and Lysterfield Park are pretty good also.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 3:31 Quote
em-j wrote:
Victoria all the way tup Depending on how long you're going to be around for, i'd def look at hitting up the slopes once the snow is gone. Mt Buller has a couple of pretty ace DH trails, and Mt Beauty isn't bad either. Buller run the chair lifts too, so you don't have to shuttle. You Yangs and Lysterfield Park are pretty good also.
theres also a state round here in vic. club racers. we have rampfest (indoor skatepark)

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 23:39 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
adelaide seems to have more legal runs but some of the illegal trails around here are amazing. i recently found alot of freeriders have picked up a shovel and started building so theres alot of trails popping up everywhere

I think I only ride in one legal spot. Everywhere I ride is in the Nature Reserve.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 23:41 Quote
em-j wrote:

Mt. Beauty is excellent. I raced there once and I loved it.

FL
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 23:46 Quote
i have some family in austraila that lives in cambera (spelled that wrong i think)and i might go visit them in a year or so and was wondering if there is any downhill mountain biking there or freeride

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 0:18 Quote
brett878 wrote:
i have some family in austraila that lives in cambera (spelled that wrong i think)and i might go visit them in a year or so and was wondering if there is any downhill mountain biking there or freeride

In Canberra you have Mt. Stromlo which is the Nationals level DH track. I've only been there once but I'm going there in a couple of days to race.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011741
Mobile Version of Website