Planning on comeing to Australia!

PB Forum :: Australia / New-Zealand
Planning on comeing to Australia!
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 4:03 Quote
brett878 wrote:
i have some family in austraila that lives in cambera (spelled that wrong i think)and i might go visit them in a year or so and was wondering if there is any downhill mountain biking there or freeride

downhill biking in Canberra? ha! lol

do we ever tup

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 4:34 Quote
Another plus one for Victoria, we have about 10 DH locations, with about maybe 15 tracks?
I love the You Yangs, Mt. Beauty and Mt. Baw Baw with shuttles and Mt. Buller is great with it's chairlifts.
As someone else said we have our own state series, in the 09/10 on there are going to be 7 races, 6 rounds and 1 state champs race.
Plus we have mad street spots Razz
Come down here, you'll love it Smile

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 5:20 Quote
you should come to canberra. there are lots of good riding spots and cheap acommodation. also canberra is closeish to other places. stromlo is pretty good and there is a chairlift going up

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 5:26 Quote
Canberra sucks

Move to Byron Bay
Plenty of surf
Plenty of trails
Plenty of hot chicks
AND
Plenty of funny ass hippies.

It's pretty much Nelson, on the coast with a couple of good surf spots

FL
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 21:54 Quote
Mitchen wrote:
brett878 wrote:
i have some family in austraila that lives in cambera (spelled that wrong i think)and i might go visit them in a year or so and was wondering if there is any downhill mountain biking there or freeride

In Canberra you have Mt. Stromlo which is the Nationals level DH track. I've only been there once but I'm going there in a couple of days to race.

ok that a lot do you know how long of a drive it would be

FL
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 21:55 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
brett878 wrote:

do we ever tup

ok i need the names and places please

FL
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 21:56 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
brett878 wrote:

do we ever tup

ok thanks i would like the names and places please

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
i've not lived there for awhile, 8 years now.
Trail riding - Mt Anslie 5min from the centre, Black mountain, 20min drive there is the Mujura the military range i think you can ride there.
DH - Mt Stormo where the worlds were held. 3 hr drive you have the ski fields.

I'm not a local anymore but i'm sure there is more. its just that canberra is a bit of a whole in general.

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
Eh dog, I'm plannin on getting my cold ass down unda in November, but i was thinking NZ in Nov and AUS in Dec if yer still there or have delayed your trip we should team up for a good ol canuck assault!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022101
Mobile Version of Website