Rear shock question

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rear shock question
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 21:05 Quote
specializedriderr wrote:
ok did it, its 7.875...that can't be good since the stock one was 8.75

nope not good at all you need to switch it out you could break something running that set up.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 21:12 Quote
ya i think i might buy the one here in vernon thats 8.75 with 2.8 stroke...it will work right?

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 21:40 Quote
specializedriderr wrote:
ya i think i might buy the one here in vernon thats 8.75 with 2.8 stroke...it will work right?
yeah it will fit.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 21:55 Quote
killsdeer4fun wrote:
jackariusjones wrote:
killsdeer4fun wrote:
And it should yield less wear and tear on the shock over time by not having the body slam back and fourth.
it doesnt matter, it isnt going to wear the shock out by having it any way, but its actually better to have the shock body at the bottom, as the centre of gravity is lower, thus giving better handling

Is an inch or two really going to matter with CG? I know where the body of the shock is doesn't really matter, it just has to fit and not hit anything.

yeah it is, every little thing helps, does it really matter about using ti bolts to save weight? loads of people still do it dont they! it doesnt cost anything to flip you're shock, so why not do it

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 at 4:23 Quote
sorry to resurrect this,

but would a change in shock stroke or 7mm make that much of a difference

my frame takes 200mm x 57mm but im struggling to find any of this size so would a 200mm x 50mm apart from reducing the amount of travel be ok geometry wise?

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 at 13:43 Quote
konastoner wrote:
sorry to resurrect this,

but would a change in shock stroke or 7mm make that much of a difference

my frame takes 200mm x 57mm but im struggling to find any of this size so would a 200mm x 50mm apart from reducing the amount of travel be ok geometry wise?

you're only really worried about the actual Eye to Eye of the shock the different in the stroke will only affect things like sag and travel distance. So long as you have the same Eye to Eye you will be fine.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010986
Mobile Version of Website