Anyone want to try and disprove evolution?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Anyone want to try and disprove evolution?
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:23 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
how did u get me...
i understand what you are saying lmao

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:24 Quote
Ok I'm seriously confused here... Please explain why you said "Ohhh got ya"

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:25 Quote
He understood what you said... is that so hard?

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
Yep we americans are sure hard to understand, YEEHAW!!! HELLA TIGHT NIGGA!!!

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
Oh i thought he was saying "Got ya!" as in suggesting that I fell into a trap or something...

Kind of like "I got ya there!"

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:28 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
Oh i thought he was saying "Got ya!" as in suggesting that I fell into a trap or something...
Lol no thats a creeper "got ya" the "got ya" i was using was an i understand got ya

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:30 Quote
Not quite that kind of got ya. The other kind.
The one that suggests that I was wrong or something, and that you were trying to get me to say something, and I said it. So then you say "I got you there!"

for example
Jim: "I think that abortion is wrong"
doug "Don't you believe in the death penalty though"
Jim "uhhh yea"
doug "then you believe that killing people is fine as long as it's not undeveloped fetuses"
jim "hey shut up!"
doug "You gotta admit I got you there!"

Please dont argue with me on the whole abortion death penalty thing, it was just an example

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
Not quite that kind of got ya. The other kind.
The one that suggests that I was wrong or something, and that you were trying to get me to say something, and I said it. So then you say "I got you there!"
Ah yes , i was exaggerating about the creeper "i got ya" Razz i understand whhat your saying.
Wow this thread has gone waaayy off topic . no thanks to us

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:52 Quote
its still a theory, evolution is. i get the feeling that many people want to believe it in from a default position. "i wont believe in God as defined by conventional western ideals so therefore i subscribe to evolution, even if purely to appease my non-belief in God." I try to look at it from a more subjective standpoint to evaluate it for its own worth. for me there are too many holes that just dont add up.

Further to this, and this is where i want to say that i'm not trying to pass judgement on what others choose to believe - merely discuss and share my thoughts. additionally i'm not trying to steer things towards a God concept. but one the biggest gripes i have with the big bang and evolution school of thought is the disregard of a large part of what makes us human. Just because you cant produce any tangible evidence except 'feelings' the whole spiritual side of our existence is neglected in the modern western view of the world despite the fact that is it such a large part of every other culture today and in the past. While you cant prove it, i dont think you can deny that higher spiritual side of being human. you can choose to say its merely our DNA preprogramed to release chemicals that make as feel a certain way in order to increase the likely hood of breeding, but in the end you're saying that your existence is merely one big accident, a series of almost impossibly occurrences that has resulted in you being self aware and living with free choice. That doesnt sit well with me.

Being a mtb site i'm hoping some of you understand what i'm talking about as far the buzz you get from a good run, or other things in life where you connect with something or someone in a way that... frankly is probably not ever meant to be explained away by science, i would hope. loving someone, connecting with your new born child, winning a hard competition after giving your all, surfing, sharing a bottle of really nice wine/scotch/ laughing so hard you cry cause you mate just ate it on a jump... In short i'm saying i think there is a higher spiritual side to our human existence and for me it puts a big hole in the idea of evolution.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:54 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
its still a theory, evolution is. i get the feeling that many people want to believe it in from a default position. "i wont believe in God as defined by conventional western ideals so therefore i subscribe to evolution, even if purely to appease my non-belief in God." I try to look at it from a more subjective standpoint to evaluate it for its own worth. for me there are too many holes that just dont add up.

Further to this, and this is where i want to say that i'm not trying to pass judgement on what others choose to believe - merely discuss and share my thoughts. additionally i'm not trying to steer things towards a God concept. but one the biggest gripes i have with the big bang and evolution school of thought is the disregard of a large part of what makes us human. Just because you cant produce any tangible evidence except 'feelings' the whole spiritual side of our existence is neglected in the modern western view of the world despite the fact that is it such a large part of every other culture today and in the past. While you cant prove it, i dont think you can deny that higher spiritual side of being human. you can choose to say its merely our DNA preprogramed to release chemicals that make as feel a certain way in order to increase the likely hood of breeding, but in the end you're saying that your existence is merely one big accident, a series of almost impossibly occurrences that has resulted in you being self aware and living with free choice. That doesnt sit well with me.

Being a mtb site i'm hoping some of you understand what i'm talking about as far the buzz you get from a good run, or other things in life where you connect with something or someone in a way that... frankly is probably not ever meant to be explained away by science, i would hope. loving someone, connecting with your new born child, winning a hard competition after giving your all, surfing, sharing a bottle of really nice wine/scotch/ laughing so hard you cry cause you mate just ate it on a jump... In short i'm saying i think there is a higher spiritual side to our human existence and for me it puts a big hole in the idea of evolution.
Salute

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:54 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
its still a theory, evolution is.

The theory of evolution is a theory. The fact that organisms evolve we know is a fact.

The rest of your post, I somewhat agree with. But I don't think it pokes holes in evolution. I just think it makes evolution that much more great.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 16:58 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
WasabiJim wrote:

The theory of evolution is a theory. The fact that organisms evolve we know is a fact.
yes but are there not 2 different types of evolution microevolution and macroevolution? and have we not only seen microevolution?

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 17:00 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:
WasabiJim wrote:

yes but are there not 2 different types of evolution microevolution and macroevolution? and have we not only seen microevolution?

Well in our own life time we know for a fact that micro evolution happens. Macro evolution takes too slow to happen in 1 life time, but we look at fossil evidence to see how that works.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 17:03 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

Well in our own life time we know for a fact that micro evolution happens. Macro evolution takes too slow to happen in 1 life time, but we look at fossil evidence to see how that works.
oh geez ima just post these links and get out of the way Confused
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/10/091001-ardipithecus-ramidus-ardi-oldest-human-skeleton-fossils.html
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/scientists-thrilled-by-lsquomissing-linkrsquo-14520354.html?r=RSS

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.057694
Mobile Version of Website