The mountain biking quick question thread part 3

PB Forum :: Downhill
The mountain biking quick question thread part 3
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 at 13:47 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
yeah Smile not sure if should get a short less than 1 inch drop, or a 2 inch drop crown
well that bike in the pic id use the 1 inch the others would likely dent your top tube.

i tryed a 2008 one at the shop, these new ones are diferent, they wont dent the frame.. didnt buy it coz it came from a boxxer he had there, plus its 120€ new Eek

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
Shoe2190 wrote:
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
yeah Smile not sure if should get a short less than 1 inch drop, or a 2 inch drop crown
well that bike in the pic id use the 1 inch the others would likely dent your top tube.

i tryed a 2008 one at the shop, these new ones are diferent, they wont dent the frame.. didnt buy it coz it came from a boxxer he had there, plus its 120€ new Eek
Afraid thats as much help as i can be for now.

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 at 13:22 Quote
I was wondering if it would be worth it to buy a 2008 Marzocchi 66 RV which was stock (its not an aftermarket model) on a Norco Shore 2 for $200 to replace my Travis? The Marzocchi only has external preload adjust. Is it really that much of an upgrade or should i stick with my Travis?
Thanks a lot for your help!

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 7:26 Quote
does a manitou metel work with air?

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 19:39 Quote
I'm working on switching out the stock cassette on my Enduro; a Shimano HG-50. At 440 grams, it feels like it's made of led. The three contenders are: Shimano XT, Shimano XTR, and SRAM PG-990.

My beef with XTR is that as nice as it may be, it's crazy expensive. At the moment, it's a SRAM PC-970 chain, if that favors either cassette. Thanks.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 14:37 Quote
canadiandegelder wrote:
I'm working on switching out the stock cassette on my Enduro; a Shimano HG-50. At 440 grams, it feels like it's made of led. The three contenders are: Shimano XT, Shimano XTR, and SRAM PG-990.

My beef with XTR is that as nice as it may be, it's crazy expensive. At the moment, it's a SRAM PC-970 chain, if that favors either cassette. Thanks.

I couldn't agree with you more on the XTR. Unless you're trying to get grams off your bike, either the XT or SRAM will work fine. A SRAM chain will work with a Shimano cassette. If you've had the chain on there for more than say 6 months or so, I'd replace the chain with the cassette. It'll give you better shifting and you won't get any ghost shifts or the chain skipping. I love Shimano, but I break their chains like crazy and I've never broken a SRAM chain.

Posted: Aug 27, 2009 at 16:35 Quote
mcmbike wrote:
canadiandegelder wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more on the XTR. Unless you're trying to get grams off your bike, either the XT or SRAM will work fine. A SRAM chain will work with a Shimano cassette. If you've had the chain on there for more than say 6 months or so, I'd replace the chain with the cassette. It'll give you better shifting and you won't get any ghost shifts or the chain skipping. I love Shimano, but I break their chains like crazy and I've never broken a SRAM chain.

Thanks, I actually just picked up a SRAM PG990 cassette up for $60 CAD brand new. I think it's a steal, but I'll report on it later. Thanks for the advice mcmbike.

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
anyone know who is the canadian distributor for KHE stuff?

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
brandonf wrote:
anyone know who is the canadian distributor for KHE stuff?

Canada:

Cycles Lambert, Inc.
1000 Des Riveurs
G6V 9G3 Levis- Quebec
Phone: 001-418-835-1685
Fax: 001-800-461-1685
E-Mail: infos@cycleslambert.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
web: www.cycleslambert.com

It took about 5 seconds to find that on their site.

Mod
Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 19:32 Quote
OK, before asking a question, please make a reasonable effort to find the answer first. Google is a wonderful tool, as is the forum search.
Be constructive and helpful with your replies. Please, no pointless replies like "I don't know, sorry".
This is a great thread, let's keep it that way.

Thanks Salute

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 at 18:15 Quote
sorry. After I posted that comment I searched on google and found it in less than a minute. I need to stop being so lazy

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 17:36 Quote
just wondering whats lighter , syncross bulk bars or truvativ holzfeller

Mod
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
schiestel wrote:

syncros.com
Hussefelt-Riser-Bar

Took me all of 10 seconds. Rolleyes

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 18:24 Quote
almostwise wrote:
schiestel wrote:

syncros.com
Hussefelt-Riser-Bar

Took me all of 10 seconds. Rolleyes
they dont have the bulk bar there tho Razz and i also said HOLZFELLER

Mod
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 18:53 Quote
My bad.

Try sicklines or maybe mtbr. Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.145443
Mobile Version of Website