Ha! take that super light xc dudes!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Ha! take that super light xc dudes!
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 21:43 Quote
So...i just went on a rather XCish group ride and I just completely outrode this one dude on a completely pimped ibis mojo on my 39 lbs bottle rocket! I rode the first bit behind him and kept almost running into him because he totally didn't know how to ride with clips and had to unclip for basically every slightly technical part. by the end of the ride i was second behind this one dude who is crazy into road (like 100km every other day type thing) on a cannondale rush and keeping up to him just fine while the other guy was huffing and puffing away trying to prove that his super light xc bike was better than mine. HA! AND...i was wearing a fullface and didn't have any water for the whole 2 hours!

end rant

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 21:45 Quote
congratullation to you, you get an e-cookie

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 21:48 Quote
you must feel an incredible amount of accomplishment. lol, i know that feeling. i was riding my specialized hardrock with a shit RST fork and beat some XC guys uphill and MURDERED them on the downhill Whip Really Mad feels so good

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
Are you the second coming of Jesus?

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 21:51 Quote
sie7e wrote:
congratullation to you, you get an e-cookie

thats all i was really looking for...thank you Beer haha

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 21:57 Quote
zshipowick wrote:
So...i just went on a rather XCish group ride and I just completely outrode this one dude on a completely pimped ibis mojo on my 39 lbs bottle rocket! I rode the first bit behind him and kept almost running into him because he totally didn't know how to ride with clips and had to unclip for basically every slightly technical part. by the end of the ride i was second behind this one dude who is crazy into road (like 100km every other day type thing) on a cannondale rush and keeping up to him just fine while the other guy was huffing and puffing away trying to prove that his super light xc bike was better than mine. HA! AND...i was wearing a fullface and didn't have any water for the whole 2 hours!

end rant
If you beat them on the downhill then that would make sense as anyone with any sort of skill could beat an xc bike on a 160mm travel + bike so no one cares. If you beat them on the uphill then congratulations and still no one cares

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 22:13 Quote
Ill take you for out for a hardcore K-Country ride with my Pimped-out MojoSL and show you how an Ibis Mojo can really be riddenby an old fart xc dude! If the guy couldn't ride with clips, he was definately a noob!
In his defense, he does have as much good taste in a bike as you do!
Congrats! Another e-cookie for you!

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 1:48 Quote
MrMtbMad wrote:
zshipowick wrote:

end rant
If you beat them on the downhill then that would make sense as anyone with any sort of skill could beat an xc bike on a 160mm travel + bike so no one cares. If you beat them on the uphill then congratulations and still no one cares

so in other words. if what he's saying is true..... then still no one gives a sh!t lol

i'm sure pretty soon some we'll find some one sticking up for them in there defence but till then bask in the glory! Beer

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 1:56 Quote
How come all the dudes with the girly flags next to there name don't give a shit Rolleyes Any way congrats.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 2:05 Quote
back in my day if you didnt eat 4 Lycra clad riders, roadie XC or others, before popping down the 20km drive to check the habour for the mail ship all before breakfast then you were soft...

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 2:56 Quote
why don't we all make threads on how awesome we are!! Facepalm

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 3:14 Quote
Buy a real xc bike and get world champion!

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 3:26 Quote
they must have been the shittest xc riders ever if you can beat them on that bike Razz

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 4:36 Quote
Surely if it was just a monday night group ride they weren't racing...XC is about training and stamina. Im pretty sure they wont have been interested in chasing you...

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 5:37 Quote
ha - you definitely get another e-cookie from me, my bike weighs about 39lbs and I can't ride it up hill at all... but than again, I've never actually triedBig Grin

I think the difference being is your mentality over theirs, xc riders just 'go on a ride', whereas awesome people wanna win at everything no matter what it is, its a way of self better'mentBeer

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010360
Mobile Version of Website