PB Forum :: Canada - West
Whistler on fire?
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 9:33 Quote
WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 9:36 Quote
next emoticon post gets banned. Topic.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 10:06 Quote
I didn't read the whole thread, so I'm sorry if it's already been said. The fire was only on Blackcomb, so all of Whistler is fine (theres two mountains). It sounds like a large fire at 75 hectares, but is reasonably small in comparison. It was in the Crystal Ridge area, so if you ski up here, its where they have the waffles. Ridge Runner is the area that was directly affected, although no structures or lifts were harmed.

PS the fire is pretty much out, they're just getting hotspots today. Rained for all of two minutes last night, which I don't think helped much.

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 10:27 Quote
frolosophy wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 11:01 Quote
WOOHooo thank the lord the trails werent harmedBig Grin maybe he forgot that we werent skatersWink

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 11:36 Quote
dhdemo840 wrote:
any updates?
well on the news they said it was now an inferno....its not sounding too good

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
are you pulling are chain or are you serious cuz i do not like the sound of that.

Mod
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
hondarider241 wrote:
dhdemo840 wrote:
any updates?

Not sure of your source but it has been downgraded from a rank 4 to rank 2 fire which is a "creeping ground fire." The fire went from 75 hectares in size (yesterday) to just 30 hectares now. The resort is open to sightseers, visitors, and mountainbikers.

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
hondarider241 wrote:
dhdemo840 wrote:
any updates?

Not sure of your source but it has been downgraded from a rank 4 to rank 2 fire which is a "creeping ground fire." The fire went from 75 hectares in size (yesterday) to just 30 hectares now. The resort is open to sightseers, visitors, and mountainbikers.
Party time ?

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 11:44 Quote
lights wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
hondarider241 wrote:

Party time ?
yeaaa Beer

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
burnabyripper wrote:
lights wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

Party time ?
yeaaa Beer
party fosho Beer

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014147
Mobile Version of Website