how does an intense 951 ride for dh racing?

PB Forum :: Downhill
how does an intense 951 ride for dh racing?
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 9:29 Quote
So intense makes 2 different 951s, with different geometry, based on what yuou use the bike for?

Alright, seems a little weird to me, but I believe you.

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 9:49 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
So intense makes 2 different 951s, with different geometry, based on what yuou use the bike for?

have you seen a picture of both bikes they don't even look the same

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 9:51 Quote
The main dif is the lack of the adjustable dropout and the hydroformed down tube.

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 10:23 Quote
andyp1981 wrote:
signorvince2 wrote:

have you seen a picture of both bikes they don't even look the same

Usually, when someone admits they're wrong, that's when you stop with the condescending remarks.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 10:36 Quote
jinx wrote:
happychappy79 wrote:
jinx wrote:
There have been some issues with the 951, for instance heavier riders can't get springs heavy enough. That's why CRC Intense team went back to their m6 bikes.
Wait until they have solved that problem, I think it was the lower linkage.
just sent an email to cane creeks to make sure i have the correct spring rate. and also mentioned romours about riders 'blowing through there travel'. will be interesting to see what they say. luckily im pretty light weighing in at 76.5kg / 168.6 US pound / 12.04 stone with riding gear. hopefully a heavier spring would sort out any issues.

Why not have a go at the Intense Socom?

I have seen CRC riders on 951's today.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 11:53 Quote
happychappy79 wrote:
this was the original spec. i have laid a deposit down of $2500 US dollars. i have tweaked a few things to lighten the build up. but like i said i am know time waster. also no rich kid who gets money of parents. i am a 30yr self employed carpenter who enjoys racing.

951, Green, CCDB Ti Green $3,560.00
Fork 2010 Boxxer WC White $1,699.00
Headset Cane Creek DXC II Flush $90.00
Headset Spacers
Rim Front Mavic 823 32h Black $105.00
Rim Rear Mavic 823 32h Black $105.00
Hub Front Chris King ISO 20mm ? $195.00
Hub Rear Chris King ISO 150x12mm ? $400.00
Spokes DT Champion 2.0 x 64 Black $55.00
Spoke Nipples Brass Included
Crankset Race Face Atlas FR 165 Crankarms Only 83mm spindle $290.00
E13e 36t
Bottom Bracket (chris king)
Pedals twenty6 ti rallye
Cassette SRAM PG970 DH $60.00
Chain KMC X9 SL Hollow Gold $60.00
Chainguide E.13 LG1+ 36T White $140.00
Derailleur Rear SRAM X0 Short $220.00
Shifter Rear SRAM X0 $120.00
Brake Front Shimano Saint M810 + rotors, adptrs 175mm $340.00
Brake Rear Shimano Saint M810 + rotors, adptrs 175mm $340.00
Tire Front Maxxis Minion DHF UST 2.5" $70.00
Tire Rear Maxxis Minion DHF UST 2.5" $70.00
Seatpost Thomson Masterpiece 31.6 Black $150.00
Seat SDG Ti Fly White/Blk $104.00
Seatclamp carbon
Stem Point One Direct Mount Limited Edition Nickel $150.00
Bars Sunline V1 745x19mm rise Grey $64.00
Grips Sunline Logo Lock on thin White $24.00
Cable/Housing Jagwire Ripcord $15.00
Labor Included

What's the estimated weight on this build? I could be way off, but it looks like it could be 35 or less.

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
I am so stoked to see a build of this calibre. All the bitching and no-one has said how nice this build is gonna be. It's been a long time coming before someone just get's the highest priced parts and sticks them together, don't take that offensively either. I really wanna know with some parts if they are just overpriced (Twenty6 Pedals) etc.

You say you're into racing? Where do you race? I wouldn't mind having a go if I ever see you somewhere, you'll certainly catch my eye on a bike like that!

I've heard the 951 rides awesome for DH. Normally though, FRO is a lighter, thinner tubing system, like the Session 88 etc, they are FRO bikes which are lighter and aren't meant to be shown the abuse that a regular bike that gets ridden at local trails every weekend. That's what I understood it to be anyway.

I look forward to seeing pics, any idea on a completion date?

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
timlake wrote:
I am so stoked to see a build of this calibre. All the bitching and no-one has said how nice this build is gonna be. It's been a long time coming before someone just get's the highest priced parts and sticks them together, don't take that offensively either. I really wanna know with some parts if they are just overpriced (Twenty6 Pedals) etc.

You say you're into racing? Where do you race? I wouldn't mind having a go if I ever see you somewhere, you'll certainly catch my eye on a bike like that!

I've heard the 951 rides awesome for DH. Normally though, FRO is a lighter, thinner tubing system, like the Session 88 etc, they are FRO bikes which are lighter and aren't meant to be shown the abuse that a regular bike that gets ridden at local trails every weekend. That's what I understood it to be anyway.

I look forward to seeing pics, any idea on a completion date?
sent u a pm

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 19:47 Quote
Well your bike looks pretty awesome......not much else to say.

gateway to awesome

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 16:27 Quote
lucky motherf*cker. i wish i had that kind of money to drop...only one thing, lime green and gold ano? not working for me. and why not the m6?

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 2:39 Quote
cneums wrote:
lucky motherf*cker. i wish i had that kind of money to drop...only one thing, lime green and gold ano? not working for me. and why not the m6?
to me the colour scheme works very well. try tellin sam hill that there national colours do not match. the kawasaki motoX team also run gold hubs with kwaka green, maybe u should drop them a email. as for the M6, great bike. i think the 951 maybe more suited to the UK. could be wrong tho

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 7:24 Quote
happychappy79 wrote:
cneums wrote:
to me the colour scheme works very well. try tellin sam hill that there national colours do not match. the kawasaki motoX team also run gold hubs with kwaka green, maybe u should drop them a email. as for the M6, great bike. i think the 951 maybe more suited to the UK. could be wrong tho

i agree, green and gold go together very well
and as for the m6 not a great bike for the U.K we don't have enough flat out tracks to need a bike like that.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 7:19 Quote
150mm drop out mech side. ready for this .......................£110 each gutted

Posted: Sep 4, 2009 at 16:38 Quote
Is there anyone here who has ridden a Iron Horse Sunday before and switched to Intense 951? If yes, then how would you compare these bikes. Is one better than the other? Or are they quite similar?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021811
Mobile Version of Website