What white rims would go great with my bike?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
What white rims would go great with my bike?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
Hey I am looking to upgrade my bike and I am wanting to get white rims... Here is a picture of my bike! What rims will work on this bike and will look good?

photo

What do you think? Rolleyes

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 15:07 Quote
are your rims super bent up? if not you should just get yourself a can of spray paint and save yourself the couple hundred.

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
anzonic outlaws

FL
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
any white rim.... but i personally love my mtx 33.

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
westislandbiker wrote:
are your rims super bent up? if not you should just get yourself a can of spray paint and save yourself the couple hundred.
No the rims are fine but I'm not sure how good of a job I could do by myself with some spray paint... How much do you think I could sell to single track wheel sets?

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
If your single tracks are holding up fine, you should just paint them. But if they're not holding up you could go for some pimplites, MTX, azonic, transition revolution, etc.. They all should come in white.

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
its not really a difficult thing to do itby yourself. if you cant take the spokes off just remove the tires, tape the spokes and do a bunch of coats and then some clear coats

Just read your post above. all you have to do is get some newspaper and tape and tape your spokes and hub. should sand the rim so the paint will have a better surface to stick to. Clean, then apply lots of thin coats of white paint. After you do a bunch of thin coats you can apply a bunch of thin clear coats. Then it should look pretty good if you apply thin coats

No use in buying new wheels just for the colour..

tbc revolutions forsure!

FL
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 15:15 Quote
imo revolutions suck. i bent the f*ck outta my rear one learning tailwhips, and from messing up on 3's and i recently bent the f*ck outta my front one into foam when i tried a barspin and ended up in a nose dive. i had to smack it so it would still spin. imo they can be a great wheel if ur super smooth, and dialed. but if ur learning on them or not SUPER smooth i wouldnt get them

im running a white mtx 33 with 36 dt swiss champion spokes on a hope pro 2 ss and its amazing.. it never comes out of true. and its just awesome

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
imo revolutions suck. i bent the f*ck outta my rear one learning tailwhips, and from messing up on 3's and i recently bent the f*ck outta my front one into foam when i tried a barspin and ended up in a nose dive. i had to smack it so it would still spin. imo they can be a great wheel if ur super smooth, and dialed. but if ur learning on them or not SUPER smooth i wouldnt get them

im running a white mtx 33 with 36 dt swiss champion spokes on a hope pro 2 ss and its amazing.. it never comes out of true. and its just awesome
iv never had a problem with my 36 revolutions, and im learning rotations too and they've never come out of true

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 15:21 Quote
pvbiker420 wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:

iv never had a problem with my 36 revolutions, and im learning rotations too and they've never come out of true
ya myn are good to when i try foot jam tailwhips some times the rim smakes the ground side ways ..... but id go with revolutions sycros or atomlab pimp lites

FL
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 15:21 Quote
pvbiker420 wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:

i had 32 spoke. i imagine 36 would be quite alot stronger

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 at 15:23 Quote
konastuff06rider wrote:
pvbiker420 wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:

i had 32 spoke. i imagine 36 would be quite alot stronger
yeah thats probly why

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 2:02 Quote
there shouldnt be much difference in strength between the 32 and 36 hole rims, its down to the quality of build and not the number of spokes, and certainly not as few as 4 spokes difference.

painting yur own rims never looks good. best wait until you actually need a new wheel then buy a new one in the colour you want, if thats whats important to you when it comes to choosing.

i run white Halo SAS rims and they look pimp, but theyre heavy.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011521
Mobile Version of Website