General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 17:17 Quote
That's true, but I just didn't want the fact that RST does in fact have a part in the making of a fox 40Salute

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 17:23 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
That's true, but I just didn't want the fact that RST does in fact have a part in the making of a fox 40Salute

hablo Pimp

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 19:17 Quote
d-bax wrote:
EdsE wrote:
Cwmcarnage wrote:
My 08 66 RCV feels brilliant, i just dont understand why everyone thinks that 08/09 marzo products are crap, they're just not.
Not wanting to start another 08/09 marzocchi argument, but can you justice a whole line of components on just one fork? No, they just are, not saying zocchis bad, they 08-09 line is

theyre owned by SR suntour now, so the new ones naturally suck
acutally there owned by tenneco, which is a huge company, they are assembled by sr suntour (I think, correct me if i'm wrong)

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 19:35 Quote
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
d-bax wrote:
EdsE wrote:
Not wanting to start another 08/09 marzocchi argument, but can you justice a whole line of components on just one fork? No, they just are, not saying zocchis bad, they 08-09 line is

acutally there owned by tenneco, which is a huge company, they are assembled by sr suntour (I think, correct me if i'm wrong)

im pretty sure the new dampers are sr suntour, because people say that it doesnt feel as good as the old ones. ive personally felt a brand new one at crankworx, and its sad to say that my friends '06 888 felt a lot smoother, and he never services it. but maybe tenneco just isnt that good. i just dont know

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
d-bax wrote:
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
d-bax wrote:

im pretty sure the new dampers are sr suntour, because people say that it doesnt feel as good as the old ones. ive personally felt a brand new one at crankworx, and its sad to say that my friends '06 888 felt a lot smoother, and he never services it. but maybe tenneco just isnt that good. i just dont know
06 was marzocchi's best year, but 2010 looks pretty good, dampers are designed by marzocchi, but I think there assembled by sr suntour... not totally sure, but i know they are designed by zoke

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
d-bax wrote:
mondrakerrider1 wrote:

06 was marzocchi's best year, but 2010 looks pretty good, dampers are designed by marzocchi, but I think there assembled by sr suntour... not totally sure, but i know they are designed by zoke

the '10 s are going to be over a pound lighter (the ti spring version) than the old ones. totally new damper and stuff. i read a review in Decline mag that said its going to be a lot better next year

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 19:48 Quote
d-bax wrote:
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
d-bax wrote:

the '10 s are going to be over a pound lighter (the ti spring version) than the old ones. totally new damper and stuff. i read a review in Decline mag that said its going to be a lot better next year
I think 2010 is gonna be a sick year for zoke, especially with the new fitted bushings which have a layer of teflon (very tough and slippery material) I can't wait to get a new 66, and roco

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 19:51 Quote
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
d-bax wrote:
mondrakerrider1 wrote:

I think 2010 is gonna be a sick year for zoke, especially with the new fitted bushings which have a layer of teflon (very tough and slippery material) I can't wait to get a new 66, and roco

are u getting the '10 66? i dont know, i just think that a totem is way smoother and lighter. plus better damping adjustments. my friend got a mongoose black diamond triple with a 66 and he didnt like it at all. but it got jacked, so he got a mongoose ECD with a boxxer team, which he likes a lot better. im not trying to put marzocchi down or be a dousche or anything, but why are u deciding to get a 66, or more generally, why do u like marzocchi better than other companies?

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
d-bax wrote:
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
d-bax wrote:

are u getting the '10 66? i dont know, i just think that a totem is way smoother and lighter. plus better damping adjustments. my friend got a mongoose black diamond triple with a 66 and he didnt like it at all. but it got jacked, so he got a mongoose ECD with a boxxer team, which he likes a lot better. im not trying to put marzocchi down or be a dousche or anything, but why are u deciding to get a 66, or more generally, why do u like marzocchi better than other companies?
yes I will be getting the 2010 66, I just like the feel of marzocchi's better than others, everyone will like a different feel from their suspension, so thats why different people like a certain company or don't like a certain company, for example, someone might find fox perfect, another person won't, and they might find marzocchi perfect, sorry to be slightly confusing

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 20:04 Quote
mondrakerrider1 wrote:
d-bax wrote:
mondrakerrider1 wrote:

yes I will be getting the 2010 66, I just like the feel of marzocchi's better than others, everyone will like a different feel from their suspension, so thats why different people like a certain company or don't like a certain company, for example, someone might find fox perfect, another person won't, and they might find marzocchi perfect, sorry to be slightly confusing

no i get it. actually, im not that satisfied with my 40. i dont know why, but i like my friends '08 boxxer team better. ill prbably just get the '10 40 internals though, theyre so much smoother than the '07's i have on mine

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 3:34 Quote
so i got my fork (08 dj1) back from marzocchi today and it feels soooo plush. im too lazy to put air in it yet but i dont think i want to im usong about 60mm bouncing on the fork on flat but i never bottom. dare i say it feels very similar to a totem just a bit stiffer. so screw you people saying 08 marz is shit, im loving mine!

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 10:26 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
so i got my fork (08 dj1) back from marzocchi today and it feels soooo plush. im too lazy to put air in it yet but i dont think i want to im usong about 60mm bouncing on the fork on flat but i never bottom. dare i say it feels very similar to a totem just a bit stiffer. so screw you people saying 08 marz is shit, im loving mine!
s
the DJs feel fine, but just about everything else is really sticky and un- smooth

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 4:42 Quote
yeah i just got the rebound dialled in today and its perfect! more plush than any rs fork ive ever used including totems, pikes, argyles etc

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 7:47 Quote
I just got a pike 426 air-u-turn, and the top of it by the travel u tun knob is leaking air, and it just goes down to like 20mm and so i pump it up again and it just does it again after like 1-2hour's without pushing on it, like its not even on a bike yet. why is that???

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:09 Quote
alexhoss wrote:
I just got a pike 426 air-u-turn, and the top of it by the travel u tun knob is leaking air, and it just goes down to like 20mm and so i pump it up again and it just does it again after like 1-2hour's without pushing on it, like its not even on a bike yet. why is that???

take off the travel knob and tighten the top.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022496
Mobile Version of Website