Ever lost a shoe in a crash?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Ever lost a shoe in a crash?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:44 Quote
I've been watching alot of video's on the net recently, mostly home made of us amatures. A couple of things stand out to me. 1.there are some amazingly ballsy and tallented riders atempting some sick tricks and stunts. 2. There is a great deal of carnage capture on film. 3. mountain bikers dont know how to tie their shoes.
I'm a racer and a freerider, and I have had my share of catastrophic crashes. One thing that has never happened to myself or any of my friends is a lost shoe. cheers and goon knot tying

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:47 Quote
lol, i want exactly the opposite! I ended up getting my foot tangled in vine once, and if my damn shoe would have come off, my ankle wouldnt have hurt!!

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:49 Quote
my shoes have never come off in a crash
*touch wood*

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 13:51 Quote
I noticed that too! Watch Jake Brown the skateboarder on You Tube, his crash at the X Games. Watch his shoes.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 14:04 Quote
my shoes come off in any slightly gnarly crash. i tie the laces once in the lifetime of my shoes, in a super loose (the overall lace), but tight (the knot is tight) knot.
this way i can slip my shoes on faster than you can put on your bedroom slippers,

My shoes work good from every thing except kicking a soccer ball and crashing a bike, so i try keep those 2 activities to a minimum

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 14:07 Quote
my shoes fall off a lot when i fall Cry

FL
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 9:40 Quote
I put a foot down in a berm during a dual slalom race in Parksville years and years ago, my shoe popped off, I didn't even hesitate, finished the course and won! If anyone remembers that course, heading to the finish line was two 15' or so double jumps, I had pin marks in my foot for weeks after that!

nate

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 9:42 Quote
lol that happened to me and my friend when we went downhill biking, we were flying and i don't know what happened but he fell and his shoe launched like it got shot out of a gun and went into the forest, we looked for like an hour and couldn't find it lol so he had to buy a new pair.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 9:54 Quote
One I was pedaling up to a set of double's and my chain suddenly fell off and i went off the jump like sitting down pretty much because my feet slipped off.I nose cased the side of the landing and my shoe went flying.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 10:00 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
I noticed that too! Watch Jake Brown the skateboarder on You Tube, his crash at the X Games. Watch his shoes.

Hahaha. ive seen that befor thats right funny.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:08 Quote
I double lace my skate shoes, so the are snug and don't flop around, and i just tighten up my 5-10 impacts and tuck the laces out of the way, so no, I don't lose my shoes when biffing it.

FL
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:20 Quote
Ive had my shoe come off, but one other time I did a jump and went for a tumble and my pants fell down lolBig Grin

Mod
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:22 Quote
I had my shoes tied on tight. But lost a shoe anyways. But it was a pretty intense crash. It involved ragdolling down a track, having my bike landing on top of me, snapping of bones, etc.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 13:21 Quote
Yup.

I never used to tie my laces, I'd be out on my BMX and biff-er and have to go and recover a shoe.

I finally learned and tied my laces...

That is untill I started riding clipless on my XC rig and biffed one day, my shoes failed to relase from my pedals as I did an unintentional front flip over the handle bars XC rig close behind lol , my buddy behind me said it looked like a perfect somersault with my feet still in my shoes and attatched to my bike, knocked the wind right outta me...

Thus I now either ride XC with flat pedals or if I'me feeling brave I will ride clipped in...shoe laces tied very loosely tup .

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 13:29 Quote
once but they wernt tied tight so yah...... and when i was like 12 i crashed my qaud and lost my shoes ahah

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018756
Mobile Version of Website