Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 19:03 Quote
I just want to go to the place with the houses in stone and the house built into the mountain.

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 19:05 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
I just want to go to the place with the houses in stone and the house built into the mountain.

So sick!

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 19:19 Quote
I don't ski quite that well. I think it's real. I think I am astounded.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 19:35 Quote
In Victoria tonight for Queens of the Stone Age concert it should be pretty good.

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 20:02 Quote
leverfingers wrote:

If it is... metal edges? P-Tex base? WTF? How you do these things?

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 20:17 Quote
....and there I was....just poking along the youtoobs.
It brought us a gift.
"Try other sports!" they say........ok

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 20:28 Quote
I'm a team player too!!!

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 21:31 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
In Victoria tonight for Queens of the Stone Age concert it should be pretty good.

Rad. Jealous. Lemme know how it went.

That candied thovex guy is awesome. Anyone else I woulda questioned it,but that guy has a track record of absurdity that defies belief. Great video.

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 at 1:20 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
leverfingers wrote:

No metal edges. When you watch other skiers, like JP Auclair cross pavement they always throw sparks. I doubt that P-tex would hold up either. I noticed on the surfing bit that there was styrofoam or something an inch or so thick on the bottoms of the skis. I'm thinking that there are several pairs of skis, maybe differently set up for the different types of terrain.

It blew my mind.

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 at 2:01 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:

That will be a good one. Enjoy.

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 at 6:13 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:

Salute

Can we do something like this for Geezerfest? Might be worth skipping bikes.

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 at 7:03 Quote
husstler wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

Salute

Can we do something like this for Geezerfest? Might be worth skipping bikes.

Oh, queens are coming to cowtown in May. Saddle dome though, so I'm out.
The reverend Horton Heat is performing his sermons in March in some pub. THIS, has my attention.
I've seen him before, and I'm a believer.

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 at 7:45 Quote
leverfingers wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
leverfingers wrote:

No metal edges. When you watch other skiers, like JP Auclair cross pavement they always throw sparks. I doubt that P-tex would hold up either. I noticed on the surfing bit that there was styrofoam or something an inch or so thick on the bottoms of the skis. I'm thinking that there are several pairs of skis, maybe differently set up for the different types of terrain.

It blew my mind.

Ok yeah this is the direction I was assuming.... once he hit the wave my jaw hit my lap. (Insert self pleasing crackers here)

The Rev Horton heat is a badd ass show... seen him a few times but not for over ten years... once a buddy and I got the boot from one of his shows for being too twisted.. they chucked us out right when they fired off... so in my wisdom state of mind I convinced him to help me shove a dumpster under the fire escape figuring there certainly had to be another way in... there was! On the roof of this very nice theater there was this little shack entry, popped open the door and crawled in over the stage on riggers planking, and watched the show from above through the giant hole above the stage! It was f*cking baddass and we just might be the only two idiots that have ever viewed a show from there... lucky we didnt fall through onto the stage cause mega wasted and you had to lay on your belly along 2x12 boards that werent attatched to anything... snicker snicker

In other news I was just charged 4.80$ for a 16 oz cup of drip coffee in seattle this morning.... f*ck you Amazon / Google and Microsoft for ruining this town.

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 at 8:03 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
leverfingers wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

It blew my mind.

Ok yeah this is the direction I was assuming.... once he hit the wave my jaw hit my lap. (Insert self pleasing crackers here)

The Rev Horton heat is a badd ass show... seen him a few times but not for over ten years... once a buddy and I got the boot from one of his shows for being too twisted.. they chucked us out right when they fired off... so in my wisdom state of mind I convinced him to help me shove a dumpster under the fire escape figuring there certainly had to be another way in... there was! On the roof of this very nice theater there was this little shack entry, popped open the door and crawled in over the stage on riggers planking, and watched the show from above through the giant hole above the stage! It was f*cking baddass and we just might be the only two idiots that have ever viewed a show from there... lucky we didnt fall through onto the stage cause mega wasted and you had to lay on your belly along 2x12 boards that werent attatched to anything... snicker snicker

In other news I was just charged 4.80$ for a 16 oz cup of drip coffee in seattle this morning.... f*ck you Amazon / Google and Microsoft for ruining this town.

$4.80 for a f*cking drip coffee? wtf? I know the sugar tax hit Jan 1st, driving beverage costs through the roof but coffee isn't part of that deal.

I too have seen the Rev, the most notable was with Nashville Pussy and Tiger Army at the Sit and Spin Laundrymat... Holy Shit, all three can shred.

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 at 8:18 Quote
But steer, that coffee is inn a biodegradable cup, and you can scan it with your phone to link to the story of the Guatemalan children who picked the beans and carried them ten miles to the roasters or some shit.

Chef what an awesome show! I love tiger army!
A long long time ago I saw Nashville pussy at the bovine sex club in Toronto. We were playing pool in the back room and no bullshit, rage against the machine were sitting in a booth chilling and watching the show. ( they were playing maple leaf gardens the night before and Nashville pussy opened up for them.)
So I got the waiter and bought them a round and Tom actually came over to U.S. To thank us for the drinks and ended up playing a few rounds of pool with us. It was a sublime night. Everybody there was cool af and the show was great.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.068530
Mobile Version of Website