Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Author Message
Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 20:10 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
On another topic, I rode bikes in Kelowna on Saturday and Vernon on Sunday. I have never encountered so many f*cking miserable people out enjoying the beautiful trails and weather. The Brokanagan is a bizarre place.
Maybe you saw Gnar!!!
Where is that miserable ol prick????? Lol
Nope, not him. It would’ve been a pleasure to hear him tell me to f*ck off. It’s been way too long.

Just a bunch of way too serious enduro racers and some really sour walkers. And some old bag leading a pack of horseback riders at Crawford. She was a royal douche.

Ah yes. The horseback riders here a special bunch. They are not happy about the popularity of the MTB in this area. They’re always bitchin’ about another mountain bike trail being built in a Provincial Park. Just wait until the proposed expanded parking area goes into Kal. Someone is going spit out their chew! Lol
It’s funny. The local MTB club here makes a proper proposal to parks, has the proposed line swept for bombs, volunteers hours and hours building them and puts together many trail days to maintain them. Yet certain user groups think it’s all done by a crew of trail fairies paid by parks. They have no clue what goes on. They just show up with their f-n horse trailers and use. Not to say they shouldn’t be out there as well but pick up a f-n pick or saw and come work/clear some trail for once.

Rant/OFF

Trails runners I’ve had no issues with. My interactions with them have always been courteous to each other. Even had some runners come out and help on trail days put on by the MTB club. Good on them.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 20:12 Quote
same here, shred. no go on video from the phone.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 20:59 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
jamezyo wrote:

Maybe you saw Gnar!!!
Where is that miserable ol prick????? Lol
Nope, not him. It would’ve been a pleasure to hear him tell me to f*ck off. It’s been way too long.

Just a bunch of way too serious enduro racers and some really sour walkers. And some old bag leading a pack of horseback riders at Crawford. She was a royal douche.

Ah yes. The horseback riders here a special bunch. They are not happy about the popularity of the MTB in this area. They’re always bitchin’ about another mountain bike trail being built in a Provincial Park. Just wait until the proposed expanded parking area goes into Kal. Someone is going spit out their chew! Lol
It’s funny. The local MTB club here makes a proper proposal to parks, has the proposed line swept for bombs, volunteers hours and hours building them and puts together many trail days to maintain them. Yet certain user groups think it’s all done by a crew of trail fairies paid by parks. They have no clue what goes on. They just show up with their f-n horse trailers and use. Not to say they shouldn’t be out there as well but pick up a f-n pick or saw and come work/clear some trail for once.

Rant/OFF

Trails runners I’ve had no issues with. My interactions with them have always been courteous to each other. Even had some runners come out and help on trail days put on by the MTB club. Good on them.

That’s because trail runners are bad motherf*ckers. No e-shoes or horses or SRAM eagle shit got them through the trails - just hard work.

I’ve literally never had a problem with a trail runner. The hard work part is an effective filter.

Headed to Vernon this weekend. Happy Trails to me!

Is Golden or Revelstoke the better on the way riding spot? Guy on a hardtail that wants to keep his teeth is asking (that’s me.)

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 21:42 Quote
husstler wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
Nope, not him. It would’ve been a pleasure to hear him tell me to f*ck off. It’s been way too long.

Just a bunch of way too serious enduro racers and some really sour walkers. And some old bag leading a pack of horseback riders at Crawford. She was a royal douche.

Ah yes. The horseback riders here a special bunch. They are not happy about the popularity of the MTB in this area. They’re always bitchin’ about another mountain bike trail being built in a Provincial Park. Just wait until the proposed expanded parking area goes into Kal. Someone is going spit out their chew! Lol
It’s funny. The local MTB club here makes a proper proposal to parks, has the proposed line swept for bombs, volunteers hours and hours building them and puts together many trail days to maintain them. Yet certain user groups think it’s all done by a crew of trail fairies paid by parks. They have no clue what goes on. They just show up with their f-n horse trailers and use. Not to say they shouldn’t be out there as well but pick up a f-n pick or saw and come work/clear some trail for once.

Rant/OFF

Trails runners I’ve had no issues with. My interactions with them have always been courteous to each other. Even had some runners come out and help on trail days put on by the MTB club. Good on them.

That’s because trail runners are bad motherf*ckers. No e-shoes or horses or SRAM eagle shit got them through the trails - just hard work.

I’ve literally never had a problem with a trail runner. The hard work part is an effective filter.

Headed to Vernon this weekend. Happy Trails to me!

Is Golden or Revelstoke the better on the way riding spot? Guy on a hardtail that wants to keep his teeth is asking (that’s me.)

I would say Revy but I've only scratched the surface in Golden.

Are you coming up to the park this weekend? I think James and MMJake will be rollin' at the Star as well. We can all do a few laps. Also good XC up there and park runs that would be fine on a HT as well. Plus 10 degrees cooler up there.
F-n temp gauge said 32C when I left the pump track at 5:30ish tonight. Good thing the track was in the shade.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 22:28 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
urinalmint wrote:
jamezyo wrote:

Maybe you saw Gnar!!!
Where is that miserable ol prick????? Lol
Nope, not him. It would’ve been a pleasure to hear him tell me to f*ck off. It’s been way too long.

Just a bunch of way too serious enduro racers and some really sour walkers. And some old bag leading a pack of horseback riders at Crawford. She was a royal douche.

Ah yes. The horseback riders here a special bunch. They are not happy about the popularity of the MTB in this area. They’re always bitchin’ about another mountain bike trail being built in a Provincial Park. Just wait until the proposed expanded parking area goes into Kal. Someone is going spit out their chew! Lol
It’s funny. The local MTB club here makes a proper proposal to parks, has the proposed line swept for bombs, volunteers hours and hours building them and puts together many trail days to maintain them. Yet certain user groups think it’s all done by a crew of trail fairies paid by parks. They have no clue what goes on. They just show up with their f-n horse trailers and use. Not to say they shouldn’t be out there as well but pick up a f-n pick or saw and come work/clear some trail for once.

Rant/OFF

Trails runners I’ve had no issues with. My interactions with them have always been courteous to each other. Even had some runners come out and help on trail days put on by the MTB club. Good on them.

The camels out here show up and use the trails without asking, fkn rude. Sometimes don't even look as we ride around on the rocks. If you have a banana they will chase you, actually run. Greedy fkrs.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 22:31 Quote
Camels have sweet lips

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 23:06 Quote
I'll cut the Vernon folks a bit of slack because I've never had a problem there at all. Also, it was a Sunday as well as Father's Day so pretty damn busy. But still, when pull off the trail for three uphill riders and they all go by without saying a word and won't even make eye contact, that's a douche move in any town. Never saw any trail runners but they are indeed bad ass motherf*ckers for sure.

The angry horse lady in Kelowna is expected. Happens there all the time I'm told. And those people are actually making money off of their trail rides in a park, which makes them even worse. But the decked out enduro dick that barked at my wife pissed me off. The funny part is that she is actually a pretty damn good rider and especially holds her own on the climbs. So she actually smoked him about 1/2 km later on a long, steep section. My lady is pretty competitive bad ass herself.

Back on topic: Those Mexicans deserve a huge party. I'm not a soccer fan at all but if Canada beat Germany in the WC, I'd get smashed and drunk dial every damn German I could think of, and then some. This would also go for the Italians, English, French, Spanish and pretty much anyone actually except for the Russians. Don't mess with Russians.

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 1:09 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
husstler wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:


Ah yes. The horseback riders here a special bunch. They are not happy about the popularity of the MTB in this area. They’re always bitchin’ about another mountain bike trail being built in a Provincial Park. Just wait until the proposed expanded parking area goes into Kal. Someone is going spit out their chew! Lol
It’s funny. The local MTB club here makes a proper proposal to parks, has the proposed line swept for bombs, volunteers hours and hours building them and puts together many trail days to maintain them. Yet certain user groups think it’s all done by a crew of trail fairies paid by parks. They have no clue what goes on. They just show up with their f-n horse trailers and use. Not to say they shouldn’t be out there as well but pick up a f-n pick or saw and come work/clear some trail for once.

Rant/OFF

Trails runners I’ve had no issues with. My interactions with them have always been courteous to each other. Even had some runners come out and help on trail days put on by the MTB club. Good on them.

That’s because trail runners are bad motherf*ckers. No e-shoes or horses or SRAM eagle shit got them through the trails - just hard work.

I’ve literally never had a problem with a trail runner. The hard work part is an effective filter.

Headed to Vernon this weekend. Happy Trails to me!

Is Golden or Revelstoke the better on the way riding spot? Guy on a hardtail that wants to keep his teeth is asking (that’s me.)

I would say Revy but I've only scratched the surface in Golden.

Are you coming up to the park this weekend? I think James and MMJake will be rollin' at the Star as well. We can all do a few laps. Also good XC up there and park runs that would be fine on a HT as well. Plus 10 degrees cooler up there.
F-n temp gauge said 32C when I left the pump track at 5:30ish tonight. Good thing the track was in the shade.

Yeah, this weekend. I can look for you guys to at least say hi.

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 3:33 Quote
husstler wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
husstler wrote:


That’s because trail runners are bad motherf*ckers. No e-shoes or horses or SRAM eagle shit got them through the trails - just hard work.

I’ve literally never had a problem with a trail runner. The hard work part is an effective filter.

Headed to Vernon this weekend. Happy Trails to me!

Is Golden or Revelstoke the better on the way riding spot? Guy on a hardtail that wants to keep his teeth is asking (that’s me.)

I would say Revy but I've only scratched the surface in Golden.

Are you coming up to the park this weekend? I think James and MMJake will be rollin' at the Star as well. We can all do a few laps. Also good XC up there and park runs that would be fine on a HT as well. Plus 10 degrees cooler up there.
F-n temp gauge said 32C when I left the pump track at 5:30ish tonight. Good thing the track was in the shade.

Yeah, this weekend. I can look for you guys to at least say hi.
SILVERSTAR!!!!!!!
Come for a lap honky!!!!!

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 4:22 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Camels have sweet lips

On way to work. I look up later. Should be fun.
Razz

Wait. Lip...not toe. Check. I'll get to the bottom of it!

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 5:33 Quote
loopie wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Camels have sweet lips

On way to work. I look up later. Should be fun.
Razz

Wait. Lip...not toe. Check. I'll get to the bottom of it!

For foraging loopie... mind out of gutterz....

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 6:13 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
SILVERSTAR!!!!!!!
Come for a lap honky!!!!!

I'm there specifically for Beowulf but I'm sure we can slide in a lap or two!

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 8:05 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
I'll cut the Vernon folks a bit of slack because I've never had a problem there at all. Also, it was a Sunday as well as Father's Day so pretty damn busy. But still, when pull off the trail for three uphill riders and they all go by without saying a word and won't even make eye contact, that's a douche move in any town. .


Such a dick move. Those douche canoes give everyone a bad name. Probably the reason horse lady is so sour.

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 8:21 Quote
positive note...

there are awesome people in the world... lots of awesome people.

I had some trailer trouble in the Panorama camping lot this past weekend. A fella named Mike from Kamploops and another guy named Jack from Lacombe helped me troubleshoot for five hours until after 10pm to make sure I'd be able to get going in the morning. I woulda been totally screwed if they hadn't been so kind. Always seems that in times of need there's some super wonderful folks that keep the world turning.

Good vibes to all Salute

Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 9:06 Quote
husstler wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
SILVERSTAR!!!!!!!
Come for a lap honky!!!!!

I'm there specifically for Beowulf but I'm sure we can slide in a lap or two!

Ugggh, Beowulf.
All I’ll say is everyone should do it once. Make sure you bring lots of WATER and some snacks to eat. It’s a loooooong hour and a 1/2 to 2 hours climb back up to the village once you get down to the bottom. The decent is good but the climb out ruins all the fun I just had. For me anyway. It’s a backwards trail from what I like. I want my grinding at the beginning and payoff at the end. Not the other way around. That said they were working with the area available so it is what it is. I’m just not that much into XC climbing. I did it once, I’m good until they put trails on the backside and open the back chair to get the hell out of there. Lol


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037763
Mobile Version of Website