Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
if you haven’t looked it up already, the new Bronco looks pretty amazing too... but the Ranger in Raptor flavor looks amazing!

I’m stuck with a car, commuting and gas prices have killed the ability to own one. Next car will more than likely be an AWD wagon, I had a Passat and have eyes for a Subaru... until then, like my bike, I’m going to beat the shit out of it until it dies or I win the lottery.

Im not sure how you can get in and out of a car? I suppose its possible you’re a sorcerer and transformed yourself into mere mortal size while I was looking away and slinked in unharmed?

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 9:49 Quote
husstler wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
loopie wrote:
Original rad hoses even for f*ck sakes....

All that stuff is failing tomorrow now ...cuz I've posted this...haha

Yeah you just doomed yourself...let’s hope not

Within a week: Loopie will post from the side of the road, asking if anyone here happens to be driving by with a full set of hoses and belts.

Yeah...'spose I should just swing by the Auto Parts place now and grab all I'm gonna need and throw'em in the back with some tools lol

Vanhalla

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 10:08 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:
if you haven’t looked it up already, the new Bronco looks pretty amazing too... but the Ranger in Raptor flavor looks amazing!

I’m stuck with a car, commuting and gas prices have killed the ability to own one. Next car will more than likely be an AWD wagon, I had a Passat and have eyes for a Subaru... until then, like my bike, I’m going to beat the shit out of it until it dies or I win the lottery.

Im not sure how you can get in and out of a car? I suppose its possible you’re a sorcerer and transformed yourself into mere mortal size while I was looking away and slinked in unharmed?

A magician never reveals his secrets.

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 15:11 Quote
loopie wrote:
husstler wrote:

Frontiers are a little bit too big but close to what you’re talking about.

I do kinda like those new proper sized fullsizes GM/Chev's that get 38mpg with the diesel...Colorado/Canyon or whatever...
Lots of issues with new diesels, I'm not sure the extra mpg is worth the extra upfront cost or the headaches when something goes wrong. Need to pull 10k lbs, diesel all the way. Need good mileage buy a Honda civic lol.
Bush truck
Bush truck
This ole girl gets 17mpg, and has 350,000km. Have owned it for 18yrs.

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 15:33 Quote
d-man wrote:
loopie wrote:
husstler wrote:

Frontiers are a little bit too big but close to what you’re talking about.

I do kinda like those new proper sized fullsizes GM/Chev's that get 38mpg with the diesel...Colorado/Canyon or whatever...
Lots of issues with new diesels, I'm not sure the extra mpg is worth the extra upfront cost or the headaches when something goes wrong. Need to pull 10k lbs, diesel all the way. Need good mileage buy a Honda civic lol.
Bush truck
Bush truck

Love this truck Darcy. Just looking at it made my beard grow an inch, I put on a lumberjacket, and I'm sure I can smell my dads pipe somewhere. Legit AF.

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 16:00 Quote
got a buddy hangin at f1 at cota up the road all weekend sending pics. bastard!

great truck, dman. Got a lotta cool old workhorses like that down here.

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 18:20 Quote
d-man wrote:
Bush truck
Bush truck
I love that truck, sweet ride.

New diesels... EGR delete, problem solved.

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 19:19 Quote
Oh man I need to get my hands on a solid old truck to just use! Awesome stuff dman tup did you see the ibis sliver star edit??? Smooooooooooth

Someone swiped the front corner of my bumper this morning. I'm sure it wasn't on purpose... but wow it sucks to have that ding and scrapes on the new truck. C'est la vie Confused

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 20:16 Quote
Hell yeah Dman.....one of my Brothers is almost done doing a full frame off restoration on a 7.3Powerstroke truck for a guy....every nut and bolt, lug nut to lug nut...bumper to bumper. He isnt the first guy to drop $40,000+ on the better older truckinstead of buying new.
Guys are doing the same with the old diesel Dodges....

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 20:53 Quote
fullbug wrote:

great truck, dman. Got a lotta cool old workhorses like that down here.

Rust free decent mileage Toyota PU/4Runner and 7.3Powerstrokes are worth a mint up here...you bring.you sell...trip payed for!

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 20:56 Quote
You get the diesel toyota pick ups up there? I think they call them HiLux over seas.... ??? Those look to be sawheat

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 21:12 Quote
They did sell a few late 80's bodystyle in diesel but very rare...they just didn't sell then...they would now.
We never got the 4dr compact trucks until way after the rest of the world either....

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 21:22 Quote
Back in high school my buddy picked up a sweet FJ diesel up north. It was so rad

Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 21:30 Quote
Any FJ any time is defacto cool...such a classic styling, Had a nice FJ Pickup in the Fam at one point with a 327 conversion...same Bro doing the Powerstroke resto etc has one in his backyard right now awaiting full resto...he plans to get to it after he finishes swapping a '69 Mustang Fastback body onto a complete 2014 5.0 Mustang rolling chassis.
He gets a lot of shit done that Brother of mine...haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.071091
Mobile Version of Website