Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 7:03 Quote
Just looked at Canuck price for Reign SX... $4200... word association verified lol

Santa Cruz = Let me tell you more about me, I'm really rad
Scott = I had money and the salesman told me to buy this
Trek = Did I mention I'm a wealthy, because yeah, I'm wealthy
Kona = Hey friend! Let's go ride bikes
Giant = This bike was a great value, just like my beige slacks
Transition Knolly Evil = Brah! Rad Brah! We're Soooo Sic!
Cannondale = I look sporty in these spandex don't i
Specialized = I ride a Specialized, it's actually pretty good but don't tell anyone I ride one. Cuz you know, Specialized.
YT/Canyon = This was great value just like a Giant, but I'm not so keen on beige slacks and I can tell myself I'm still just as cool a brah as the guys on Transitions. And also my LBS hates me so much that I can feel their deathstares when I take it in and ask for help

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 7:41 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Who else rides or rode a newer reign ?
I rode with Chrisco when he was on one, I was on my glory and was like who the f*ck keeps getting stuck on my rear tire all the time.
Shredded that bike!
Might get one hmmmmm
Haven’t thought about a new bike....... ever lol
I have a barely ridden medium specialized enduro with coil shock for sale... cheap for you.

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 7:56 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Just looked at Canuck price for Reign SX... $4200... word association verified lol

Specialized = I ride a Specialized, it's actually pretty good but don't tell anyone I ride one. Cuz you know, Specialized.
YT/Canyon = This was great value just like a Giant, but I'm not so keen on beige slacks and I can tell myself I'm still just as cool a brah as the guys on Transitions. And also my LBS hates me so much that I can feel their deathstares when I take it in and ask for help

Last part crackin me up bigtime

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 8:23 Quote
d-man wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
I rode with Chrisco when he was on one, I was on my glory and was like who the f*ck keeps getting stuck on my rear tire all the time.
Shredded that bike!
Might get one hmmmmm
I have a barely ridden medium specialized enduro with coil shock for sale... cheap for you.
Get the f*ck out of here barely riddin! Isn’t that the bike you ride!!!! Lol

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 8:25 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:

Called Khakis homie!!!
I love the way my glory rides!

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 9:31 Quote
I really like Giants, the Reign is an awesome bike... I only got a Nomad cause I got a killer deal for being so rad. lol

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 10:29 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Shredded that bike!
Might get one hmmmmm

I had 2 and they were great! Climb ok but descend like a champ! Pretty sick value.

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 10:53 Quote
this is pretty cool. A buddy gave me a new bar as he works at a shop and got a bunch of event products they cannot sell. Easton just had them hand out to folks. the bar however was an extremely bright Orange with white logo and looked pretty out of place on my bike, so I made a little duct tape boat and soaked it in oven cleaner. I thought it was etched and would be white logo on silver but when I started to wash it off the white paint came off and revealed the orange underneath. kinda cool. just an FYI if your ever curious about these sorts of things.

photo

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 10:57 Quote
That bar looks luuuuuuush!

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 11:01 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
That bar looks luuuuuuush!

yeah it was a nice surprise lol

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 15:22 Quote
Check out the custom paint of Storch's maiden and the entire YT rampage team. DOPE.

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 15:46 Quote
I test rode a Nomad V3 and Giant Reign back in 2015 before eventually buying the Ibis HD3. I went HD3 at the time because it was a more pedal friendly all rounder, not because the other two were not good. The Reign and Nomad would still pedal up but you knew you were on DH oriented rides. They were both similar to my Slayer now, It will pedal up but you know you are on a Enduro bike leaning towards DH. Might be what a DH guy like yourself is looking for.

Once my new (better protected) front triangle is here and mounted up on the Slayer I may be looking to move it as well. After riding my short travel 29er with 2.5's for almost two months now I'm convinced. New school geometry, long travel and big wheel are the way forward for me. The big wheel just eats the tech up. Nom nom nom!

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 16:00 Quote
You should give the Scott bikes a try. They have some longtravel 29ers i think.

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 16:01 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
Check out the custom paint of Storch's maiden and the entire YT rampage team. DOPE.

The paint on the YT ones are a little too 80's Miami Vice for me. Cool back then but I've moved on. Storch's Maiden looks great and Rheeder's Trek looks killer. I saw Rheeder's on Instagram, I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

Carson Storch custom Maiden

Here we go.

Rheeders Trek for Rampage.

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 16:15 Quote
That storchmobile is a realy cool situation right there. Loving the hand painted thing. Bravo.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.053902
Mobile Version of Website