Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 18:19 Quote
obee1 wrote:
photo
urinalmint wrote:
I'm not a Vette fan but my buddy has one that he's going to restore. I sent him this pic and told him to do this to it:
photo
That thing is bad af.

Funny, I was just looking at this Chiron- a car I'm not much of a fan of- and the matte/satin blue with black rims and detailing looks good on both. I like the finish but mattes and stains seem to chip really really easily. Which is cool on something ratted out or just badass muscley, but those little dings can be a distraction on a car otherwise.

The brakes on that Chiron ...

O+
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 18:37 Quote
Still working out the details with the warden. Coincidentally, I’m shifting departments at work and have a new boss now, so that will be another obstacle... hopefully I can head up and camp, might just live out of the flex as my tent.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 19:02 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Whats up with Friday? Im going to have to jet sun morning for the wifes bday celebrations in Leavenworth.... probably head up Thursday day, camp it...ride somewhere.

i'll be there friday i do believe.

shred / huzzla, i'm getting in touch with homies who own a creekside condo to see if we can rent it for the weekend.

my agenda is mainly park riding, shit talking, bk chef cheffing, and whatever the f*ck else we feel like doing on a weekend where i dont have to watch my kids, watch my mouth, watch my back, or any other f*cking watching.
i plan to chill with friends and ride some bikes.
and i will bring my enduro for off park rips should the opportunity arise.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 19:08 Quote
[Quote="husstler"][Quote="obee1"]
photo
urinalmint wrote:
I'm not a Vette fan but my buddy has one that he's going to restore. I sent him this pic and told him to do this to it:
photo

The brakes on that Chiron ...

right? massive, but they have to stop the one of the worlds fastest production cars so yeah, fits just right.
not to mention that it has active aerodynamics and a wing that acts as a huge air brake when the binders slam on. crazy car.
check out the "voiture noire" one off bugatti that was recently revealed at the geneva motor show. the super douchey soccer player (ronaldo iirc)with the hilarious statue is the apparent new owner.

O+
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 19:12 Quote
I like the idea of cheffing for you fellas. As we get closer, I need to know a head count so I can prep accordingly. This is all predicated on my ability to attend!

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 19:22 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
I like the idea of cheffing for you fellas. As we get closer, I need to know a head count so I can prep accordingly. This is all predicated on my ability to attend!

Chef, forgive me if my earlier comment in any way expressed my volunteering your culinary services. It was more of an aloof comment reflecting my intention to do a fair bit of BBQing While we are up there.
But if you can make it to Vernon I might have to find a way to pack my smoker in the truck so we can really make this weekend a Festival.

Steer, let's make sure to organize some of your gear to sell while there.
Who knows, Perhaps we do a fossil fest front and back tee with your art on front and something I come up with in the rear.

Giggity.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 19:37 Quote
I wanted to do something fun for fest ..alas. just got notice that I have two restaurants to shut down by end of June with a budget of about ....zero that means my ass is hauling all the equipment out of there.... might be tough to squeeze in what I wanted.... but will try....

If chef is offered don’t deny this man his passion!!!!

O+
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 19:38 Quote
obee1 wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

Chef, forgive me if my earlier comment in any way expressed my volunteering your culinary services. It was more of an aloof comment reflecting my intention to do a fair bit of BBQing While we are up there.
But if you can make it to Vernon I might have to find a way to pack my smoker in the truck so we can really make this weekend a Festival.

Steer, let's make sure to organize some of your gear to sell while there.
Who knows, Perhaps we do a fossil fest front and back tee with your art on front and something I come up with in the rear.

Giggity.

Obee, i would volunteer myself anyways, so no worries there! Stuff like this I bring big pots of premade grub; stews, gumbos, chilies, etc... keep em frozen until meal time!! Then it’s a simple matter of reheating and chow down! Food, bikes and cold beverages are my thing...

O+
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 20:57 Quote
I'm planning on a Friday afternoon arrival and have a pork belly set aside for the weekend. Bringing both bikes and going to ride the shit outta them.
Big Blue passed inspection today so the wife and I are taking it camping to Kimberly for a test run.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 21:10 Quote
If I make it.....I'll supply anyone's meds for the day...should one desire...gratis

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 21:38 Quote
What are your thoughts on renting a house for the weekend?

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 21:39 Quote
loopie wrote:
If I make it.....I'll supply anyone's meds for the day...should one desire...gratis

If? Lightning don't strike twice loopie. It’s going to be fun.

Ok ... dumb Q... getting ready for the rootdown to show up.... kinda went for it with new stoppers and cranks.... you guys feel like theres a life span on bars....? My Fubars are probably 3 years of hardtail pounding deep.... trying to decide if replace or not....

O+
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
obee1 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Whats up with Friday? Im going to have to jet sun morning for the wifes bday celebrations in Leavenworth.... probably head up Thursday day, camp it...ride somewhere.

i'll be there friday i do believe.

shred / huzzla, i'm getting in touch with homies who own a creekside condo to see if we can rent it for the weekend.

my agenda is mainly park riding, shit talking, bk chef cheffing, and whatever the f*ck else we feel like doing on a weekend where i dont have to watch my kids, watch my mouth, watch my back, or any other f*cking watching.
i plan to chill with friends and ride some bikes.
and i will bring my enduro for off park rips should the opportunity arise.

I will book the Friday off when I’m at work tomorrow.

This should be a good weekend.

O+
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 22:49 Quote
d-man wrote:
I'm planning on a Friday afternoon arrival and have a pork belly set aside for the weekend. Bringing both bikes and going to ride the shit outta them.
Big Blue passed inspection today so the wife and I are taking it camping to Kimberly for a test run.

What happens in big blue stays in big blue!

Is Kimberly worth a visit? Haven’t been there since I was like 7yrs old!!!

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 23:46 Quote
Fossil Fest.
I’m planing to use some vacation days so I’m good to go Thursday on.

Park is open for extended play on Friday’s so if people get in early enough it’s ride until 7-ish PM.

Sat it’s park during the day plus we can do another pedal adventure around Sovereign ride area (right next to Silver Star) in the evening. There's new bits of trails in there for broduro fun.

Rock Is The New Berm trail below. The video has too many cuts but it will give you an idea.

Sunday park again for those who don't have to leave until Monday. Trust me, you'll want to stay for a little more Sunday.

Sean Sovereign sending.

by hpb
Views: 263    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.044273
Mobile Version of Website