Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 22:58 Quote
So, I hate the idea of carrying a tube when I'm riding tubeless so I ordered up this tire plug kit and it just got here today. Pretty damn cool idea, fits in place of your bar plugs and has the plug inserter and the reemer, one on each side. And it was only $20 on Amazon.

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
I hear that. I had a One Up EDC Tool System put into the steer tube of the Ripmo. It has a place in the bottom to store tire plugs or a Co2 cartridge. Damn thing is super handy, I've already use the tool for my own bike and others 5-6 times. I need to pick up plugs for it.

Just finished watching The Highwaymen on Netflix. Entertaining film. I do recommend if you don't need super heros or monsters in all your entertainment. .

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 23:31 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Heely told me about somebody that does custom decals but I can't remember who... the orange decals on my 36 look so out of place on my Bronson, I'm in the same boat you're in. It's hard on my OCD lol
What color bronson?
The forest green... I really wanna find some decals in that same color or, if I can't find that color, the dark grey/silver on the DPX2... Swap all the orange writing for either the green or the dark grey, keep the silver parts silver. Something like that would look good I think.

Bronson

Here you go. Don't let the fact they are located in Sweden put you off. I've ordered multiple decals from them, all have been great and shipped within a reasonable amount of time.They will do other colours than what's shown too. Just let them know what you are looking for. Pretty sure there's some decal companies state side too.

http://https://www.slikgraphics.com/collections/fork-decals-fox/products/fox-36-2018-factory-style-decal-kit-black-forks

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 4:03 Quote
Match the frame colour or a slightly darker shade, will look sick.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
I hear that. I had a One Up EDC Tool System put into the steer tube of the Ripmo. It has a place in the bottom to store tire plugs or a Co2 cartridge. Damn thing is super handy, I've already use the tool for my own bike and others 5-6 times. I need to pick up plugs for it.

Just finished watching The Highwaymen on Netflix. Entertaining film. I do recommend if you don't need super heros or monsters in all your entertainment. .

Yeah highwaymen was a fairly decent watch imo. Cut short I thought but guess crime is cut short at times.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 5:35 Quote
Bblb, would be real nice I would have thought to go stealth on forks or a polished silver like mirror finish decals.

But yh do what ya want tis your ride :-)

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 7:23 Quote
Another cool idea on that colour green bike would be tan and green camo decals from Richard Scott Designs. I have the orange camo ones on a Fox 34 I'm selling right now. They look pretty badass IMO. He does digital camo ones too.

photo

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Well... lets see if I can make this pig fly.
Tomorrow I shall ride eternal shiny and chrome. Cool

Ride Eternal Shiny Chrome. Well... brushed aluminum anyway.

Damn nice build my friend, looking good!

Thanks BBLB. It turned out very nice but nowhere near the 36-37lbs I was hoping for. She's pushing 39 lbs. To many bulky bits used off my old builds. WTB i35 rims, Atlas cranks, 9 speed drivetrain,etc.
As shit brakes or wears out I will replace with newer/lighter goods.

The only other thing is I should have went XL frame, cockpit feels a little tight for me. Not awful but I'm used to long enduro bike reaches. Probably going to pick up a seatpost with back sweep to make it just a little more roomy.
When do you ever pedal when seated on a DH bike for more than a few seconds?

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 7:39 Quote
There’s a few local old school so called “DH trails” that have pedaly sections in between the good stuff. The good parts can be a lot of fun on a big bike. However a big bike on those other uphills or traverses is... unpleasant. I can’t believe we used to pedal full DH rigs on those trails all the time. I’ll just take the Ripmo when riding there.

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
Nice sled shred, I really like the raw aluminum color

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 8:50 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Another cool idea on that colour green bike would be tan and green camo decals from Richard Scott Designs. I have the orange camo ones on a Fox 34 I'm selling right now. They look pretty badass IMO. He does digital camo ones too.

photo

Fox has a digi cam kit. Comes with way more, its higher quality and its cheaper.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Heely told me about somebody that does custom decals but I can't remember who... the orange decals on my 36 look so out of place on my Bronson, I'm in the same boat you're in. It's hard on my OCD lol
What color bronson?
The forest green... I really wanna find some decals in that same color or, if I can't find that color, the dark grey/silver on the DPX2... Swap all the orange writing for either the green or the dark grey, keep the silver parts silver. Something like that would look good I think.

Bronson

Fox has a stealth kit. Might work.

I'll see if i have that green pantone next time on my laptop

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
jerome wrote:
When do you ever pedal when seated on a DH bike for more than a few seconds?
My last couple DH bikes, I ran 11-23 road cassettes just cause I knew I wasn't pedaling that thing anywhere. I'd rather just get off and walk lol

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
Interesting to see how many riders in the loose fest using ohlins suspension.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 9:29 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

What color bronson?

Fox has a stealth kit. Might work.

I'll see if i have that green pantone next time on my laptop
You can make decals?? That'd be awesome if you have it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.090299
Mobile Version of Website